Vibrio? FYI, kind of graphic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrio? FYI, kind of graphic.

This is a pic of a friend of a friend. Not exact details but supposedly he fell at the jetties in Rockport Monday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Attached Files

Based on a quick google search, it sure looks like it. Hope he went to the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
      Based on a quick google search, it sure looks like it. Hope he went to the hospital.

He’s a veterinarian and didn’t think it was that bad, he showed up to work today like that. Yes, he went to the hospital today. Just and idiot IMO.

Comment

Ouch & he didn’t think they looked bad
        Good way to lose part of a leg if not properly treated

Comment

Holy crap... yeah that's definitely "that bad" no matter what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
            Holy crap... yeah that's definitely "that bad" no matter what it is

Lol, yes I agree, I don’t understand why he would let it get that bad.

Comment

From what I’ve heard through unverified sources, vibrio is one of the ones you really need to catch early on

Comment

I had it. Was septic. In hospital 18 days almost killed me. Not too good at posting pics but its nasty. Mine didnt look like that.

Comment

Vibrio hits fast, you'll know tomorrow if he's still alive. I have an old buddy who lost a leg, that's a scary bug.

Comment

what is Vibrio and how do you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                      what is Vibrio and how do you get it?
                      From what I know vibrio is the flesh eating bacteria that can be found in all bodies of water. It generally resides in the muddy bottoms or on algae covered surfaces like jetties, oysters, barnacles, and potentially fish fins..

Comment

It's everywhere, gets in your body through a cut or opening in the skin. When normal conditions exist for bacteria levels to be high you'll also find Vibrio to be in higher concentrations as well, warm water with lots of nutrients, etc. You can also get it from eating raw oysters but the poison effect is a bit different than getting into your blood. It hits hard and fast and people go from OK to going to the hospital to dead within a couple days sometimes. Many times a limb is quickly amputated to save a life from the bacteria spreading.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          It's everywhere, gets in your body through a cut or opening in the skin. When normal conditions exist for bacteria levels to be high you'll also find Vibrio to be in higher concentrations as well, warm water with lots of nutrients,Y.
                          This

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My boss spent a week in ICU with a septic vibrio infection. Nearly killed him. I cannot believe a vet of all people would not recognize he needed medical attention right away. I hope he does not lose that foot/leg or worse.

Comment

Wow! How hope he's able to get it under control quick!

Comment

Working...
                              X