What Paint Sprayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Paint Sprayer?

I have some painting to do and want some opinions on airless paint sprayers in the range of $300 or less. I need to paint walls and cabinets.

what kind of paint are you wanting to use?

Comment

There was recently a Graco X7 pro in the classifieds. I have one and it’s been a great airless. Thinking he dropped the price down under $300

Comment

I am in the process doing the same thing. I bought a Wagner Flexio 3000, and I have been very pleased with it. So far I used to paint cabinet doors. Easy to control, and easy to clean. Only $170, at lowes.

Shop Wagner Flexio 3000 Corded Electric Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer (Compatible with Stains) at Lowe's.com. The Wagner FLEXiO 3000 is an indoor/outdoor hand-held paint sprayer that can be used to tackle a variety of projects. The X-Boost Turbine produces unmatched

Comment

I have the Graco magnum LTS17 and the Graco TrueCoat 360 VSP. The LTS17 is an awesome sprayer and will cover ground quickly, but it’s what I’d consider an industrial machine and will drink up and spit out 1 gallon cans in a hurry and costs more than $300, but worth it.
          The TrueCoat 360 is a small handheld unit and is a very capable machine. I just painted the equivalent of a 3 bedroom apartment with it and I’m very impressed. It’s the variable speed unit which is nice. Should be able to find it and some can liners for under $300.

Comment

I have a Graco, it's worth the money.

Find a used one, or save up for a new one. They're worth the little bit of extra.

Comment

Thanks for bringing thia up. I was about to ask the same question. I have two projects ongoing that I will need to paint and stain. So I need something that will spray oil based products. I think I would prefer the flexibility of a gun on a hose as opposed to the hand held models. If I were looking at used equipment what are the things to check? What are the expensive things to replace?

Comment

ttt

Comment

If you plan on using it more than once, I wouldn’t advise anything with the name Wagner on it.

Comment

I bought a graco magnum at lowes for like 260 or so. I painted a whole house of about 1800 sq. feet with drywall primer, then paint -- including the ceiling. I also bought an extension to make it easier to reach the higher areas. It literally took me 2 days... When I was done, I cleaned it up as best I could and sold it on craigslist for $175.

Comment

I have a graco I used one time...
                      I'll sell at a good price.
                      I can check exact model tomorrow.

Comment

Interested and nearby.

Comment

I've had the Graco magnum project painter for over a year and have gone through over 125 gallons. I've used it with thin primers, thick latex, oil based, shellac, and laquers. I've also sprayed a metal roof with acrylic. Walls, doors, cabinets, ceilings, exterior, metal roof, etc. While I am no professional, it does great. I have a 515 tip and 313 tip and it covers the uses I have.
                          At about gallon 50 the painter started leaking underneath. I found out that they do not offer any repair parts at all. I talked with Graco and the customer service told me it is only warrantied for 1 year and only suppose to last 50 gallons. I thought it was about to just crap out on me and I was pretty irritated with the company for selling something that was only made for 50 gallons and not repairable, but it continued to work. It doesn't leak much with thick latex, but more so with thin primers. I still use it, just have to put a canvas tarp under it if I care about paint leaking onto something.

Comment

Thanks for all the information.

Comment

For cabinets you really want a pot sprayer or a high volume low pressure sprayer. The airless one's have a lot of pressure behind them and will make it hard to get a good final coat on cabinets.

Comment

Working...
                              X