A good book on photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good book on photography

I’m new to photography and still learning. I picked up this book last year and just started reading it. This book along with videos from YouTube have made me a better photographer even though I am still light years away from most in here. If you enjoy reading I recommend this book.
    Attached Files

You picked a good one. It has been recommended here for years. It will vastly improve a beginners game. The first time I read it was the mid 2000s and had it, my camera and it's manual in hand. I methodically went through it while looking at the camera for reference and the manual when needed. It also helped learn the camera better.
    Last edited by Bill M; 06-09-2022, 02:53 AM.

Comment

This might be just the thing I need. I am the de facto photographer in my family, but I’m often disappointed in the results of my work. I’ve thought about taking some photog classes but I’ve also been working on elevating procrastination to a high art and I find there is little time to do both.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        This might be just the thing I need. I am the de facto photographer in my family, but I’m often disappointed in the results of my work. I’ve thought about taking some photog classes but I’ve also been working on elevating procrastination to a high art and I find there is little time to do both.

Thanks for sharing.
        You wouldn't be disappointed with the result.

Comment

That’s a great book, I have it as well. They are a bit Nerdy but I also recommend Tony and Chelsea Northrop on YouTube. Photography is a lot like hunting , it’s all about repetition and adjusting your settings.

Comment

Originally posted by jbr81900 View Post
            That’s a great book, I have it as well. They are a bit Nerdy but I also recommend Tony and Chelsea Northrop on YouTube. Photography is a lot like hunting , it’s all about repetition and adjusting your settings.
            Knowing when to adjust your settings and I have learned angle of shot makes big difference as well

Comment

If you want to advance your wildlife photography skills, go purchase Thomas Mangleson's Art of Wildlife Photography video series. It's worth your time and money if you want to learn more about shooting wildlife.

This class teaches you how to be a great wildlife photographer. You'll learn how to find animals, what gear to use and the etiquette of photographing animals.
              Last edited by Casey; 06-10-2022, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X