• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C56716A-F264-46BB-85D3-6577C3308BD4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	24686076 There were some willing to cooperate last friday morning

Comment

how do you catch these in the surf? live bait?

Comment

Originally posted by Roperyoung View Post
        how do you catch these in the surf? live bait?
        Blasphemy! All the pros use lures! Take your pick. I like soft plastics when the surf is right but have no problem soaking skrimps under a kurk if need be.

Comment

like gulp shrimp? I dont know anything about saltwater

Comment

When someone says soft plastics for salt they usually mean working a jighead with a paddle tail or shrimp tail lure. Down South, Saltwater Assassin, Hogies, Kelly Wigglers, the choices are endless. Gulps under a cork can work and are convenient but live shrimp work better in my experience.

Comment

Then gulp shrimp or gulp mullet on a jighead would be your best bet, if you don't want to tinker with live bait. Since your not from the salt you also probably enjoy the traveler trout you will catch with the gulp as well
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                When someone says soft plastics for salt they usually mean working a jighead with a paddle tail or shrimp tail lure. Down South, Saltwater Assassin, Hogies, Kelly Wigglers, the choices are endless. Gulps under a cork can work and are convenient but live shrimp work better in my experience.
                Originally posted by Man View Post
                Then gulp shrimp or gulp mullet on a jighead would be your best bet, if you don't want to tinker with live bait. Since your not from the salt you also probably enjoy the traveler trout you will catch with the gulp as well
                got it, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  Guys/Gals; in the grand scheme of things,there’s a lot of things out there that “can” hurt you. Fearing it enough that it keeps you from enjoying something isn’t always the best thing to do. For example, you have MUCH, MUCH higher odds of getting into a vehicle accident than getting Vibrio, but you still drive rather than taking a bus? You have MUCH higher odds of getting Heart disease by eating fatty foods or drinking too much alcohol, but most of us aren’t in tip-top shape and eating food that we should/shouldn’t…….than getting Vibrio. Point is, if you enjoy a healthy activity, do it and take precautions. If you have open wounds, maybe wait a couple days to fish. If you stick yourself with a hard head barb or cut yourself while in the salt, wash it with 10% bleach solution (I keep some on the boat). I just don’t understand the rationale of “I don’t do “x” because of “y”….. Heck, most of us got married, some multiple times and look at those odds 😁
                  Judging by your avatar picture your a younger man with a very lovely family if I might add. You’ll find that with age things will change for you. The older you get the more problems you will have with skin issues and bites or scratches or cuts that take a lot longer to heal than when we were younger. My rationale of “ I don’t do “x” because of “y” is really no more than I take more precautions now because of the time that I have left in this world is very valuable to me and I won’t play Russian Roulette. Myself, I have had a lifetime of memories chest deep in the surf with years filled with epic trips. I still have the passion but I no longer live on the coast so I devote all of that energy on my deer lease which is 20 minutes away. As for the risks of driving and all of the other risks that you listed, I have to drive. I have no choice in the matter. Go back and read my post again and hopefully you will realize that I was not hating on anyone that chooses to get in the water in the summertime. Just expressing my choices not to do so. With age comes wisdom from experience. You keep doing life the way you are doing it and have a ball and cherish everyday. Your walking in the footprints of us older guys that have already been there and done that and have way to many tee shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Well I may have to stop posting on TBH because I'm skeer'd somebody might post back and hurt my feelings!
                    I’m still your friend Charlie if you ever need emotional support after a Land Shark attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      I’m still your friend Charlie if you ever need emotional support after a Land Shark attack.
                      If I can con my bride into it, I may have to come for "counciling" Friday evening!!

Comment

If I can con my bride into it, I may have to come for "counciling" Friday evening!!
                        I have no appointments after 6:00 pm.

Comment

Comment

You still serving mugbugs or is that "season" over for you?

Comment

You still serving mugbugs or is that "season" over for you?
                              Memorial weekend was the end for me.

Comment

Originally posted by saltwaterslick View Post
                                well i may have to stop posting on tbh because i'm skeer'd somebody might post back and hurt my feelings!
                                winner winner:d

Comment

Working...
                                X