No announcement yet.

kids in Jiu Jitsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will never regret sending your children to train in any martial arts. I highly recommend it. Self confident builder for sure

Comment

Just look and the gym and they also offer Muay Thai.

Comment

My 9 year old son goes to Renzo Gracie Jiu Jitsu (the grove location on 99). There is 40+ kids in his class. It’s a legit gym. The coaches all know what they are doing and are very good with the kids. My son gets his first strip on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          Just look and the gym and they also offer Muay Thai.
          I would suggest adding that or if you have to pick one, go with the Muay Thai first. She can learn BJJ later once she's more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by davidpark06 View Post
            My 9 year old son goes to Renzo Gracie Jiu Jitsu (the grove location on 99). There is 40+ kids in his class. It’s a legit gym. The coaches all know what they are doing and are very good with the kids. My son gets his first strip on Wednesday.
            Good to know. We are trying the one in sugar land out. I’ll update later

Comment

Absolutely BJJ above ever else.

If a credible gym then they have geared instructions for teaching kiddos how to handle themselves.

Go take classes with them. Can be some great bonding conversations and practice plus get healthy to boot

Comment

My nephew is 5 he’s been in jiu jitsu since he was 4 and he’s a straight killer , if the gym was closer I’d take my son . He’s a lethal weapon walking I think it’s good for kids .

Comment

Keep in mind that there are some substantial differences between martial arts and self defense classes. Self defense classes usually teach a few basic mental and physical techniques and are somewhat intense early on whereby the student learns a limited number of self defense moves that they can effectively use within a few weeks or months. Most martial arts classes will teach and instill the basis before slowly progressing into more practically applied aspects of the art, which usually takes years to master properly. There may be classes that merge these two different objectives to keep students interested, but many martial artists usually prefer to concentrate more on the basics to better prepare the students for advance learning. Therefore, the dedication must be more long term to reap the benefits expected.

Comment

Rut-ro, feel free to shoot me a pm. I will give you my number and would be happy to chat with you on the subject. I teach kids jiu jitsu and my son has been doing it since 4 and is now 9. These kid now are beast. I've been around the mma, jiu jitsu, community for 20+ years. I would absolutely recommend your daughter doing jiu-jitsu before anything else.

Comment

My daughters train in BJJ and compete (when team sports aren't monopolizing our time). I highly recommend it, although not necessarily in response to what happened on the bus. We view it as a sport that will lead to more confidence and skills (mostly mental) to be effective in a tense situation.

Comment

Well first class down and she really enjoyed it. We ended up signing signing her up. It seemed like a really good workout for her. I told her we do it 2-3 time a week for 3 months and then re evaluate if she still enjoys it

Comment

U wont regret it.It comes down to the instructor and the level of desire in the student.Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                            U wont regret it.It comes down to the instructor and the level of desire in the student.Good luck
                            I have several friends that train there for work and really like it. The owner and main guys name is Brian Marvin which he seems very well accredited (to my lack of knowledge in the MA world) we will give it a go for a couple months and see if she wanted to stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              I have several friends that train there for work and really like it. The owner and main guys name is Brian Marvin which he seems very well accredited (to my lack of knowledge in the MA world) we will give it a go for a couple months and see if she wanted to stick with it.
                              Awesome! Now jump in a couple classes yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                                Awesome! Now jump in a couple classes yourself.
                                Still healing from a torn bicep from October but I plan in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X