No announcement yet.

Tinnitus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All day every day. Always figured it was from my younger years shooting without ear plugs. Dumb. My kids won’t shoot without them now. I won’t either. It’s whining pretty loud right now as I type this. Sure wish there was something that could actually fix it!!!

Comment

Responding to this now in a silent house other than the ceiling fan and the constant “eeeeeee” in both ears. If the tv or music is on and somebody is trying to talk to me from across the room at times I have to tell them to come closer or turn down the tv/music because I can’t hear them clearly with the competing noise. I’ve been tested and only have some minor hearing loss in 1 ear. I wish I was more diligent with ear plugs/muffs in my younger days.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
        You have me wondering what a Rasco is. I grew up in Pt. Arthur.

I've had it since June 22, 1970. First real firefight in Cambodia. After that while pulling perimeter guard on fire support bases with 105 and 155mm blasting off right over our heads. That doesn't even take into account multiple helicopter flights with turbine engines in Nam, oilfield and wildland firefighting.

I can't sleep without a couple of fans going on high.
        Same from Louisiana and curious about a Rasco.

Comment

Both ears, not really from anything. I didn't really notice it until about 5 years ago because it got louder. Once I "heard" it as an adult I remember laying in bed as a kid and thinking this was the sound of silence. Mine i am able to tune out unless I am trying to sleep, and even then, I have to focus on it. Goodluck, I hope there is a cure one day.

Comment

24/7/365. Since I was 28. Shooting pistols without protection one day. Ringing ever since. Takes 6-12 months to adjust to it. If it were to stop suddenly it would probably freak me out because it’s constant.

Next time you are in the kitchen, listen for the fridge. It’s running and constantly making noise but we don’t hear it. Eventually your tinnitus will work the same way.

Comment

Yes both ears! Quiet , still days hunting can drive me out of the little mind I have left.

Comment

Mine started a couple years ago, but I’ve been in a loud work place all my life. Guess ear plugs only work for so long.
                I don’t let it bother me though. I treat it like the wife sometimes. I just tune it out!!

Comment

Right ear constantly.......sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
                    They thought I was crazy at work when I ordered 35 sets of ear muffs for my techs. I wish someone would have told me when I was young to protect my hearing. I preach to them all the time about their backs, eyes, and ears.
                    Being tough when we were young equates to "what did you say??" When we get older.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Both ears 24/7....I figured it was the years of shotguns...(clays, ducks and doves) without ear protection....and loud music as a clueless high schooler/early college student.....

I have just learned to block it out mentally and not let it bother me. It's not going away.
                      Mine is only on the left, but I'm sure it's for the same reasons. It's gotten louder over the last couple of years.

Comment

Mine started suddenly after a head cold years ago. When the pressure in my ears/sinuses went away, the ringing started. It can get really loud when I get a cold/allergies and sometimes after I drink.

I also didn't wear proper hearing protection years ago.

I've heard you can train yourself to ignore it by listening to tones that are the same frequency.

Comment

one ear but isn't necessarily ringing, more of a wind sound in the ear, or rapid popping..? Sometimes its so loud can't hear out of it. Stupid ear doctor didn't say anything about it even though I described symptoms to him, guess he wasted his time in getting his 'degree'. Frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            All day errrrry day. Thank you 60mm mortars and USMC

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
                            All day every day as well. I'm so used to it I don't even notice it anymore, until all of a sudden it feels like someone jammed a toothpick in my ear.

81's were my gun. I always enjoy seeing your posts about mortars. It always amazed me just how accurate you could get with the 60's and a good gun team though.

Comment

Mine really gets bad when my wife starts talking to me.

Comment

Both ears, all the time. It gets more pronounced at times and at times I don't notice it unless it's dead silent. Background noise is my friend. Especially going to sleep at night.

Mine is from shooting, primarily from the years I guided waterfowl hunts.

Comment

Working...
                                X