Cheap Intex pool repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Intex pool repair

I just thought this might’ve helpful to someone. We have had this pool 3 years. A month after I put it up I decided I’d try and hit a low cut shot ( golf ) between toe pool and the oak tree near it. I did not pull it off.
    The ball created a rip in the pool about 12” long. All I had available to attempt a repair in a product I always keep on hand and that’s window seal rubber tape. I got the water level to about 6” below the rip. Used a hair dryer to heat the surface and the tape then applied. Same on the back side and used a tennis ball to roll back and forth on the heated tape in order to make it adhere better. The water level is always at least to the tape or midway up the tape and it has held with out a leak of any kind. Hopefully this helps someone in a pinch one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genius. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Comment

I should have used this on my colon when I got cancer instead of those high-dollar surgeries. Nice work.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That looks like extra heavy duty redneck Flex Seal tape.

Edit: Forgot to add the "Good job sir!" My kinda repair.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-23-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I keep a roll in my truck at all times. I patched a radiator hose years ago with it. I really do find a lot of stuff to patch with it. Hint ant believe it has held so well on this pool with a bunch of kids acting like kids in there. Even patch a camper roof with it

Comment

Kirby, my advice would be to never aim toward trouble and try to work the ball away from it!

Good job on the repair!

Comment

Four Right!! The boys were throwing a football in the mobile home at the lease when we were sitting around the fire one night. We whooped some of that stuff on the cracks and it has been like that for 5 years now! Were a Intex pool family.

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
                    Kirby, my advice would be to never aim toward trouble and try to work the ball away from it!

Good job on the repair!

Great advice buddy

Comment

x

Comment

Working...
                      X