Redneck engineering solutions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    Looks like the bit twisted a little and is wedged. If you haven’t already, take the needle nose you have an see if you can get it to twist back free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
    I’m curious along the lines of cvanbrunt as well. If the hex on the bit that is stuck is slightly smaller than the female hex it’s stuck in, and you were “tightening” it’s probably stuck/wedged across the “points” of the hex. Grab an rotate in the opposite direction as you were using it, and it should come loose. If this is in fact what it is, it’s a slightly smaller hex bit than the female hex in the tool, it’s wedged on the points in a rotation direction, it’s gonna be difficult to just pull straight out. No matter what method ya come up with. May not be it at all, just a thought. Good luck! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
    These ^^^^^^

Comment

Get a narrow glue stick and heat it up stick it down in the tube and let the glue stick dry on the tip. Should pull right out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ask this guy. I’m sure he has something on his spaceship that can help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          "A brush fire has started in Leon county after man tried to fix a screwdriver with a welding machine. Our own Torchy Blane is on scene with live coverage. Over to you Torchy...."

"Well Bob we're here at the scene of the fire and its smells like burning quail and...oh look here comes the resident now.". "Wait, is that an elephant?!!!!..........."
          Thats a good one!

Comment

We need closure!

Comment

[QUOTE=Quackerbox;16253840]"A brush fire has started in Leon county after man tried to fix a screwdriver with a welding machine. Our own Torchy Blane is on scene with live coverage. Over to you Torchy...."

"Well Bob we're here at the scene of the fire and its smells like burning quail and...oh look here comes the resident now.". "Wait, is that an elephant?!!!!..........."[/QUOTE

Thanks for the visual and the laugh! I needed that.

Good luck Bobby.... Im sure somehow this will end in Classic TBH fashion.

Comment

Forcepts, I have a collection of them and use them for things like this all the time. I have all different shapes and sizes. But for what you are doing, a small pair of straight forcepts should make this an easy job. Just grab one of the flat blades of the phillips tip.
                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 06-13-2022, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  This thread has turned out just like Fishndudes “What happened” thread. Is a little closure too much to ask for? I’m running low on coffee.
                  Amen to that

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    Forcepts, I have a collection of them and use them for things like this all the time. I have all different shapes and sizes. But for what you are doing, a small pair of straight forcepts should make this an easy job. Just grab one of the flat blades of the phillips tip.
                    I use to use those a lot back in the 70's.

Comment

Throw the tools until it breaks or does what you want it to do.

Comment

As a last resort, drill a small hole in the shaft of the ratcheting driver behind the bit, and push the bit out with a paperclip or some other stiff wire.

I'm sorry your little stubby let you down, but now you at least know how Mrs. Chew feels.

Comment

First as others have stated try to turn the bit the other direction with a screw slid down inside the screwdriver. It is probably wedged from turing and turning the other direction may break it loose. Might have to spin the outer edge of the screw head against a grinder to reduce the outer diameter of the head so it will fit inside the screwdriver tube

Or find a small socket that the bit will pass through but outer edge will rest on the lip of the rachet screw driver tube

wrap duct or electrical tape to secure this to the end of the screw driver.

Throw the screw driver straight down on the concrete. the downward impact of the socket hitting the concrete should drive the bit out of the tube and into the socket.
                          Last edited by texasair; 06-10-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

He probably slept in!

Comment

Buy a new tool!!

Comment

My idea

Klein Tools 32593 Multi-bit Ratcheting Screwdriver, 6-in-1 Stubby Tool with Phillips and Slotted Bits and 2 Nut Driver Sizes https://a.co/d/aStathM

Comment

Working...
                                X