Elevated rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevated rest

Need some advice from the GS Trust. I have selfbows longbows and recurves all that I shoot off the shelf. Just like to play around with something different. I have a PSE Coyote I’d like to try an elevated rest on. (Metal riser) I don’t have a clue which would be the best rest. Suggestions??
    Thanks in advance

It is hard to beat the Bear weatherest or a feather rest.

Comment

I think that bow is cut past-center so you will likely need a plunger style rest. It’s been awhile since I’ve used them but NAP had a simple plunger-flipper rest that worked well. I would get them at academy,

Comment

Is it taboo to use a whisker biscuit? I have one on my takedown and love it.

Comment

Try a springy rest- https://www.3riversarchery.com/springy-arrow-rest.html

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
            There is no "taboo". "Traditional" is just a term that allows for the distinction between bows with wheels (cams) and single string bows.
            If you're discussing rules for competition that's a different story.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks friends. As usual the GS brain trust never disappoints. This is just one of the reasons so many enjoy this site from all over the country and beyond. I never kept score at competition just enjoyed renting their targets for cheap. I’ll do some research with these suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
                No taboo, but extremely poor taste, imo. But as they say, life would be dull if we all did things the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                  No taboo, but extremely poor taste, imo. But as they say, life would be dull if we all did things the same way.
                  Lol! So I can say I untraditionally participate in traditional archery!

Comment

People were using rests on their stickbows long before any of us were even born, and some of us ain't spring chickens.

NAP Center Flipper is my favorite, but your bow needs to be cut well past center to use it.

If the bow isn't cut past center much, then you can use a "stick on" NAP Flipper II with a plunger, or just a bolt through the plunger hole to adjust center shot if needed.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X