"Point and shoot" camera suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Point and shoot" camera suggestions?

I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive - $200 or so.

I'd like something small that I can carry in my pocket. I'll be using the camera mainly for random pictures and the occasional LDP. I still use Legdog's old Nikon D-70 for wildlife purposes, so zoom on this one really isn't an issue.

One that uses SD cards is a major plus, because all my trail cameras use these cards and it's been convenient in the past to use the display to view trail cam pictures while hunting.

I'm kind of partial to Canon so far. What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Ben,
    I recently bought this one for my wife. It's a great camera and nicely sized.

Comment

The Nikon Coolpix series have done well for us. I've had the S7c for several trouble-free years now and it has never let me down. Wifey has a newer version and she seems to enjoy it as well. Both meet the SD card requirement.

The Coolpix "Style" series:
      Shop the latest mirrorless & DSLR cameras and NIKKOR lenses from the official Nikon eCommerce site. Explore our innovations and photo equipment!

Comment

I'll suggest this one.

Comment

I know this one is not in the price range you said, but "water proof" to 30' !!!

Comment

This is my point and shoot. I like it a lot. I bought a little pouch for it that goes on my belt. Very handy. And it meets all your criteria, including price.

Comment

This would also fit your budget. (Just barely.) But with more megapixels.

Comment

Ben,
                I recently bought this one for my wife. It's a great camera and nicely sized.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...S_Digital.html

I just bought this one yesterday. It's gotten great reviews and currently on sale at Best Buy. They also had 8GB memory cards on sale. Holds something like 2000 pictures at 12 megapixels.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

My girlfriend Camry uses the same one as you, David, and I like it very well.

What are the advantages of the one Casey bought for his wife compared to the one David uses, other than a higher megapixel?

Comment

I played with one at Best Buy that I liked alot. Canon SX110 IS 9mp. I've seen it on Amazon for $209.99.

Comment

For the outdoorsman, you can't beet the Olympus shockproof and water proof cameras. I have one that I use on the water and in the field and you can't beat it. I also use if for adjusting and I've dropped it off two roofs and it still works perfectly. Check EBAY and you can probably find a new one in your price range.

Comment

Working...
                      X