No announcement yet.

New property and new toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more critter pics and some clearing i did by hand. It took me most of the day to make that clearing that will be our driveway entrance,hence the need for some equipment. Funny thing, i stacked that wood up at the road on the first day i was there and it was gone when i got back the next day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool photos. Especially that yote. Is that a turtle ?
      Those skid steers are amazing.
      Shame renting a mulcher is expensive. Could really save you some time
      I might consider letting someone cut trees down for the firewood when you are there.
      Seems like there is some demand . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        Cool photos. Especially that yote. Is that a turtle ?
        Those skid steers are amazing.
        Shame renting a mulcher is expensive. Could really save you some time
        I might consider letting someone cut trees down for the firewood when you are there.
        Seems like there is some demand . . .
        Yes it is a turtle. Weird thing about the turtle was i walked up on it that day and it was alive, abouple days later it was still there and dead. I was thinking about finding someone in the area looking for wood to cut, i just need to get in there and mark the ones i dont want.

Comment

Congratulations on the new place!

Comment

Very cool place! Congrats. Are you going to raise/gravel the roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
              Very cool place! Congrats. Are you going to raise/gravel the roads?

For the road to my main house we will be having a dozer come out and push material from the hill the house will be on down to build the road base. There is a small creek that we will have to cross to get to that area and I'm either going to build a bridge that vehicle can cross on or just culvert the creek. For the area where our temp home/cabin will be its really high ground and I just plan on using crushed concrete base to start with.

Comment

This bad boy will be coming home with me later this week.

Comment

The above will make short work of underbrush and saw briar thickets............

Rwc

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                      Welcome to the neighborhood!
                      Thank you sir. We hope to put our house on the market as soon as i can get a cabin or tiny house out there to live in till the barndo is built.

Comment

my favorite kind of threads - following

Comment

good stuff!

Comment

Congrats on your place! Enjoy your time building it up!

Comment

Congrats to you and the family man! Looking forward to following along.

Comment

I have had to do some work on my old trailer to get the new equipment mobile. I bought the trailer in 2006 to haul a tractor around on. About six years ago i was in need of a vehicle transoprt trailer due to working for my father in law at his car lot on my days, off hauling cars. Instead of buying a car hauler i removed the side rails so i could open the doors on cars. Well now i have a car hauler and there is no need to haul vehicles on the heavy trailer. When i decided to pull the trigger on the equipment i quickly learned i needed to beef my trailer back up. I spent yesterday putting the side rails and uprights back on. I also added heavy duty trailer jacks to the back corners to keep the stress off of the truck and back end of the trailer durung loading. I got it all roughed in yeaterday before the weather set in. I loaded and unloaded the skid several times to get use to the awkwardness of loading it, and also to see how the trailer reacted after i did all the work. It seems to be doing great, and since i put in a new floor and tires last week i should be road ready. Also had my helpers keeping me in line during the project.

Comment

Working...
                                X