F150 hauling golf cart question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 hauling golf cart question

Anyone here hauling an electric golf cart in their 5.5’ long bed of F150 4x4? Any issues with this much weight resting on open tailgate?

Thanks

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    Anyone here hauling an electric golf cart in their 5.5’ long bed of F150 4x4? Any issues with this much weight resting on open tailgate?

Thanks

Tailgate isn’t the concern. The tailgate cables though have been known to fail in this exact situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive a lot it with Polaris Sportsman 500 and 800. I wouldnt the weight different would be too different but check the tailgate cables .

Comment

Throw some 2x6 or 2x8’s that extend from under front tire to rear of tailgate to distribute the weight better!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          Tailgate isn’t the concern. The tailgate cables though have been known to fail in this exact situation.

That is what I’m referring to.

Comment

Hauled a Harley bagger 920lbs dry weight all over the USA in bed of my 2005 Cheby short bed crew. Rear tire with bags and tour pack loaded put most of the weight dead center on the tailgate. Probably well over 500 lbs. No bends no stretch nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Hauled a Harley bagger 920lbs dry weight all over the USA in bed of my 2005 Cheby short bed crew. Rear tire with bags and tour pack loaded put most of the weight dead center on the tailgate. Probably well over 500 lbs. No bends no stretch nothing.
              Why didn’t you Ride it?

Comment

My neighbor has one of these. The hitch receiver takes almost all the weight off the tailgate. Easy on and off with his Bagger. https://www.off-road.com/aimages/art...w_text0002.jpg https://www.off-road.com/aimages/art...w_text0003.jpg
                Last edited by muzzlebrake; 05-05-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

You can use ratchet straps on the tailgate to take weight off the cables. There’s also a company that makes a metal piece that does the same thing.

Comment

I hauled my lifted club car to and from the deer lease (7 hours) in the bed of my 2015 F150 with the 5.5' bed with no issues at all.

Comment

Here's a picture of it loaded up I found.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Back it in, most of the weight is on the rear axle(batteries).

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                          Back it in, most of the weight is on the rear axle(batteries).
                          Can’t. It has rear seat that sticks out too far.

Comment

I did this in my 2006 F250 and it dented the heck out of my tailgate. I would not recommend this at all. I have a 2020 F150 4 x 4 and I would not do this at all. A trailer is your friend here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe something like this. I know nothing about them or how much they support. Probably other brands out there as well.

Support your tailgate and protect your truck with Tailgate EX Support and Short Bars. Buy tailgate accessories at DG Manufacturing in PA.

Comment

Working...
                              X