Found out how you’re supposed to drive in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found out how you’re supposed to drive in Oklahoma

I was doing it all wrong going the speed limit. You’re supposed to drive like a bat out of hell. Especially if you’re driving a Petebilt pulling a loaded 53’ van trailer. Tailgate as close as possible and go 85+ as long as the wheels will stay on the pavement. Never mind all the crosses along the way from motorists who died. You’d think CDL holders would use at least some caution but apparently that’s for sissies too.

How do you know it was loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
      How do you know it was loaded?
      I know the company the driver works for and where he hauls from. Heavy haul trucking is what I do in addition to other things.

It’s not just one driver, it’s just how things are now even in rural parts.
      Last edited by Katsaregood; 04-25-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
        I know the company the driver works for and where he hauls from. Heavy haul trucking is what I do in addition to other things.

It’s not just one driver, it’s just how things are now even in rural parts.
        Thought you might have some X-ray vision!

Comment

That's Life in the Hammer Lane.
          I'm not a state trooper but a long nose Pete on your tail is the universal sign to merge to the lane on your right.

Comment

I love it when the trucks are hauling ***. Get right on their 6 and draft as long as I can.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd rather them drive 85 than 65 in the left lane. Was he on your butt with you in the right hand lane?

Comment

Originally posted by bluemarlin View Post
                That's Life in the Hammer Lane.
                I'm not a state trooper but a long nose Pete on your tail is the universal sign to merge to the lane on your right.
                I was thinking the same thing

Comment

I wish people in Texas would learn to drive like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    I'd rather them drive 85 than 65 in the left lane. Was he on your butt with you in the right hand lane?
                    Haha, I wasn't there but I doubt it!

Comment

Why don't people understand "slower traffic keep right"?

Comment

My trips through OK, I felt drivers had a better understanding of alert lane passing only than TX did

Comment

Slow traffic keep right!

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
                          Why don't people understand "slower traffic keep right"?
                          This!!!!

Comment

Living in Oklahoma and working in Texas everyday this is my biggest complaint about either state. In Oklahoma someone is going to turn in front of you while your doing 65 (the speed Limit) on a 2 lane road and make you have to swerve around them in on coming traffic lane or slam on your brakes. In Grayson county it seems like everyone still thinks the speed limit is 65 when its 75 and clogs highway 75 up. I don't see this anywhere else in Texas I travel. Also for any of you Texas drivers if you ever drive through a little town called Achille make sure you are below the speed limit not even 1 mph over and there is nothing wrong with your truck. This little town that I live just outside of loves to write Texans tickets for any violation they can find.

Comment

If this was on the indian nation turnpike he was doing just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X