Who hunts in Hill county?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who hunts in Hill county?

Anyone hunt East of Whitney around Blum or lake Aquila area? You can pm me if you want. Just curious what the deer population is, what kind of pressure and what are the norms as far as bucks go?

This guy does. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=788410

Comment

Anyone....bueller, bueller, anyone....

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
        Def a solid buck!

Comment

I hunt near Bertram and Briggs

Comment

Not sure where Briggs and Bertram is, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              Not sure where Briggs and Bertram is, lol
              thats the hill country, not hill county

Comment

I've never hunted there, but used to live on lake whitney and traveled south of the lake to I 35 daily. I saw some nice deer between the river and Abbott. Saved a yearling doe caught in a fence one morning.

Comment

We used to live in White Bluff out on Lake Whitney, and my folks still live out there. There's some solid deer around the lake and up and down 933. Lot's of pressure though.

I know there used to be a big Lake Whitney/Aquilla COE Hunt thread on the public hunting forum.

Comment

HYG... some good info on here and you can probably get any specific questions answered on here.

Comment

I've looked at the public land thread. Just doing some searching on land in the area and just haven't heard as much about the east side of whitney or around aquilla.

Comment

Never hunted in Hill county, I used to see some really nice deer & turkeys just on the outskirts of
                        Hillsboro though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There are nice deer running around but hunting can be tough. A lot of smaller places all with feeders and blinds on them and lots of pressure. I've been hunting southeast of the lake for about 8 years now. I have had some studs that I have gotten pictures of on camera but never laid eyes on them.

Comment

We used to hunt in Hill Co but the guy running cattle wormed in the deer hunting too and we lost it. The area we hunted was great. Good bucks were 120-130s. Hunting the rut brought new bucks. Had a freak with 24+ points on camera (not big rack just weird). The LO told the cattle guy and then we lost it.

This was west of Itasca.

Comment

There was a 165" killed on,or near Aquilla last week.There are some really nice bucks on the Mtn. outside Itasca.

Comment

Working...
                              X