No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No frost this morning. Just a heavy long sleeve top.

I love having a low cloud cover. Keeps the birds lower. Seen a few groups so far. Nothing decoying.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Need a bunch of bass fishermen out her. To keep the birds stirring up!

Comment

Here comes the sun. Been real slow at this spot with this SE breeze.

Comment

4 birds in the boat by 7:15. 1 more at 8:15. Missed 2 total. Need one more.

Comment

Sounds fun mike. Still too warm for green heads? I plan on hunting Friday Saturday and Sunday for deer. If I could find a goose on lake w I would have to break out the kayak as I have never shot one. Lol

Comment

Just finished a limit. Picking up now. There's a few northern birds here. Had a flight of 8 pintails early. Worked them in and picked a drake cupped up 10 ft over the water. Also got a pair of redheads, which is a first for me. I've only had them in my dequees 2 other times in all my years. So that is a second 1st time for me this season. Also nailed 2 widgeon and a Gaddy drake.

Been watching the birds working shad in shallow water. Don't think there are any sandies or striper as the water is only 12-18" deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Just finished a limit. Picking up now. There's a few northern birds here. Had a flight of 8 pintails early. Worked them in and picked a drake cupped up 10 ft over the water. Also got a pair of redheads, which is a first for me. I've only had them in my dequees 2 other times in all my years. So that is a second 1st time for me this season. Also nailed 2 widgeon and a Gaddy drake.

Been watching the birds working shad in shallow water. Don't think there are any sandies or striper as the water is only 12-18" deep.

What! Nice. I am trying to get up there this afternoon to hunt and scout.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I was wondering if I was gonna get that last bird of the day. There's a group of about 60-70 teal about 250 yards away. They've been there for the last 3 full weeks, but were smaller then. I was gonna put the stalk on them. But the gaddys just happen to drop in right before I got out of the boat. So I dropped one . Those teal are on a very open beach where the nearest brush is 150 yards away. No cover at all on that baron beach. Most anyone could hope for would be to take 4 or 5 dequees over there while they leave when see-n ya coming. Then lay down and wait for them to come back.

Comment

Does anyone use Joshua deer processor on here?

Comment

Glad you got on them. I figured this last front brought birds down. Should have hunted today instead of Monday. Maybe Friday they'll still be some around. Took the young'un to Santa Anna to shoot raised pheasants. Wanted him to get more experience behind dogs. It was hot but the dogs did alright. Lots of bumps but that's to be expected when it's 80 degrees and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob b View Post
                        Does anyone use Joshua deer processor on here?
                        I have used them before but its been a couple years. Tim has always done a good job.

Comment

Went out early this morning to put corn for tomorrow. Man it was beautiful out. Frost one the ground slight fog and 37 degrees with light wind. I should have hunted but I'm on smoker duty for turkey and ham. Hopefully they move tomorrow in the rain.

Comment

My sn just reported in . Deer are moving Justin be ready you c9uld be in for a surprise.

Comment

1st bird in the boat is a greenhead. I've had over 100 teal in and out. 3 teal in the boat too. 2 of were with one shot on the fly. I'm gonna try to hold off for 2 bigger birds.

Comment

Just boated one more.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-27-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X