NTX Fall plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTX Fall plots

New to planting. What seems to be the go to in Grayson/ Cooke Co area. When is best to plant. I’m figuring pretty quick. All help appreciated.

Oats or winter wheat. No substantial rain in the forecast so better wait a couple weeks to see what it looks like then.

Comment

No till? Spray to kill weeds Waite three weeks spray again. Spread seed when rain is expected mow to shred weeds and pray. See how it is coming up if thin then over seed with Winter Rye not Rye grass. good luck.

I will load pics of mine I planted before the 7in of rain we got last week when it dries out enough that I won't tear up my roads

Comment

I just planted mine south of dfw in Navarro co. Always oats, then I add a couple seed mixes with some clover, winter peas, turnips and daikon radishes. Oats is the best and most important but I like to add the others for variety and they browse them all ad different times. My deer really like the greens off the daikon radishes so I add a little more of them this yr.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          I just planted mine south of dfw in Navarro co. Always oats, then I add a couple seed mixes with some clover, winter peas, turnips and daikon radishes. Oats is the best and most important but I like to add the others for variety and they browse them all ad different times. My deer really like the greens off the daikon radishes so I add a little more of them this yr.
          I'm in Ellis County and can't get a deer to touch turnips or radishes.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
            I'm in Ellis County and can't get a deer to touch turnips or radishes.
            They didn't eat the turnips until late in the yr and they will only eat the greens. Same with the daikon radishes. I didn't have many in my plot last yr but everyone was mowed off. This yr I added more of them.

Comment

Working...
            X