X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Nets are for fishing”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Riddle me this Batman. We scoring P&Y (get 8 mass measurements) or B&C (this one would only get 6 mass measurements) ?

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
        Riddle me this Batman. We scoring P&Y (get 8 mass measurements) or B&C (this one would only get 6 mass measurements) ?
        Uhhhh...what was that?

Comment

I'm seeing low 50's. Once in a lifetime buck.

Comment

Since when did B&C start only giving 6 mass measurements?

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
              Typical score B&C NO WAY. You posted it from your Yaps
              Nets are for fishing big dog. This deer is going to GROSS 150" pretty easily I'd imagine. Like stated above, he is going to grow substantially when someone is sitting behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                What an awesome buck. I’d be in the stand every day trying to kill that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Same!
                I could care less what he scores, but very interested in the age
                Guess 6.5 and 145”

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  Uhhhh...what was that?
                  i figured a learned hunting guy like yourself , you'd know that the B&C system never envisioned a main frame 6 pt NETTING their books minimums therefore there is no mechanism for getting to 8 mass measurements on a 6 pt. Hence, a 6 point only gets the 6 mass measurements as called for in B&C system. HOWEVER, the P&Y system knew such a beast might exist to net the minimums thus they have a system for getting to the 8 mass measurements (basically you take the bases twice each). So are we talking B&C or P&Y ??

Comment

i figured a learned hunting guy like yourself , you'd know that the B&C system never envisioned a main frame 6 pt NETTING their books minimums therefore there is no mechanism for getting to 8 mass measurements on a 6 pt. Hence, a 6 point only gets the 6 mass measurements as called for in B&C system. HOWEVER, the P&Y system knew such a beast might exist to net the minimums thus they have a system for getting to the 8 mass measurements (basically you take the bases twice each). So are we talking B&C or P&Y ??
                    Don't think you take the bases twice, think you measure halfway between G3 and end of beam for the 4th mass measurement.

And then if they're different scoring systems (which I don't believe they are), why does B&C accept P&Y score sheets (or vice versa--P&Y accepts B&C.....can't recall but I know one accepts the other)?
                    Last edited by Grayson; 09-08-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Yep. See page 2.

Comment

I believe that you would take the H3 measurement on the main beam halfway between the G2 and the tip of the beam. The H3 and H4 will have matching measurements on each side for a typical six point.

Comment

Always 8 mass measurements...

Comment

B/C & P/Y Have the same exact scoring system. B/C is with a rifle, P/Y with a bow.

Comment

Fine deer no matter where you are

Comment

I think low 150s at most, more likely to be 143-147. He’s a cool deer. The numbers it would take for him to be 160, I just don’t see it. But I’m wrong more often than not. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X