Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
    Thats what I’m hoping, I’ve hunted the same unit off and on since 2005 and I’m comfortable where I’m at now just depends on how many other hunters get squeezed down with me oh and the dang Cows!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think everyone has been bothered by the cows at one time or another lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sending prayers your way storm!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Riemachine View Post
        Praying for ya Storm!

Thanks for the water updates Texas Grown! Do you think this rain improves duck habitat and duck hunting?
        Absolutely. They have 3 reasons: food, shelter (the lake for resting), and habitat. It will keep them from migrating through to Mexico or the coast. Otherwise, they just use the lake as a rest stop or resting place while going elsewhere to feed and loaf during the day. With a "swim up" food source, there is no reason to leave. All those green water soaked tender plants are a puddler's dream. Ever seen a group of mallards or woodies swimming around eating acorns?

Comment

It's settled, I have borrowed a buddy's bass boat and will get to my tree on full plane this weekend.

Comment

I could get to my spots if they’d open a ramp I need lol

Comment

Need 4 wheel drive to get to my access point, don’t have one so gonna get dropped off by helicopter lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got 4wd and good tires and there’s still roads I won’t go down out there when it’s this wet

Comment

W lake is 7.72 feet above normal at the moment.

A lake is 12.89 feet above normal at the moment.

Waco is 15.54 feet above normal and not releasing any significant amount of water, yet. Lower Brazos river is going to see a water rise before long.

Comment

Wonder why they aren’t releasing any water out of aquila

Comment

Originally posted by D u s t y View Post
                      Wonder why they aren’t releasing any water out of aquila
                      My best guess is that they are trying to let the floodwaters go down a little more down stream in central Texas. Just my best guess tho

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Absolutely. They have 3 reasons: food, shelter (the lake for resting), and habitat. It will keep them from migrating through to Mexico or the coast. Otherwise, they just use the lake as a rest stop or resting place while going elsewhere to feed and loaf during the day. With a "swim up" food source, there is no reason to leave. All those green water soaked tender plants are a puddler's dream. Ever seen a group of mallards or woodies swimming around eating acorns?

And not only that, but how many folks you think are going to be willing to launch a canoe or a kayak and paddle way back in some of those areas? You can’t launch a boat with it this high from a lot of the ramps unless you’re crafty. And ducks are just like deer. They go where they’re undisturbed and they’ll pattern hunters just like deer will.

Comment

We'll just have to see how much the water level drops through the season. My rig drafts very shallow. And been in this situation before.

Comment

We'll just have to see how much the water level drops through the season. My rig drafts very shallow. And been in this situation before.
                            But on the other hand, everybody might as well stay home. This lake ain't never had any ducks and never will. You'll be waisting your time. So don't bother. And never mind the gunshots.

Comment

That is awesome! Makes sense that the habitat would improve for them.

Comment

Ok everyone I'm out of the hospital with a clean bill of health. They couldnt find anything wrong with me or what caused the problem to begin with , one thing fo sure i feel like a pincushion now.
                                I will be in the woods on Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X