Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we always send our young kids into war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because at 38 you wouldn't want to depend on my @ss to get you,and myself out of a tough situation. All my **** and vinegar is gone! I filled my feeder with 5 bags of corn this weekend at the lease and I can barely stand up straight today without struggling a little. My arms and legs hurt. I would be a enemy snipers dream target. I guess I always assumed I wouldn't start feeling this way until my 50's. I know some people are upset we always send the youngens but I now know first hand why.

Thanks to all you that served btw....whining rant over.

Same reason God's plan was for young people to have kids... We old fogies ain't cut out for it!
    My can-do can't keep up with my want-to...

Comment

As my Grandma used to say, yalls get up and go, got up and left.
      At 37, I still feel like Im 20.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you stretched more had a consistent fitness regiment and a borderline plant based diet you wouldn’t be so bad off.

Comment

I hurt my back yesterday.......while making my bed. True story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After 55 and it's finally hit me.

Comment

I played a little 2V2 touch football with my high school cousins last weekend. I'm only 29 and am pretty active, but I took a few full speed falls and I most certainly can't handle those like I used to! I am going to try and shoot my bow today, but I was worried Monday that I was gonna be down on opening weekend because of my left shoulder!

Comment

Been there done that. We had 9 feeders to fill with 96 50# sacks of corn and I was the only one doing it. 5 Stand and Fills and 4 crank up 55 gallon feeders. I almost made it, but did not think I was going to make it from the south side of the lease to our camp on the north side on my 4 wheeler. i was hydrating and sitting in the truck to cool off, but I really think i was not going to make it back to camp. I was slumped over my 4 wheeler bur managed to make it back to camp. Drank some water and Gatorade, sat in the truck to cool off and decided I was done. Wrapped the rest of the corn with tarps and left. Old age, 66 at the time, fat and out of shape and temps pushing 100+ does not bold well for crap like this, NEVER AGAIN! I got lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                  If you stretched more had a consistent fitness regiment and a borderline plant based diet you wouldn’t be so bad off.
                  Tried it. Not for me. I will die happy and with a belly full of brisket.

Comment

I wish I was 38 again

Comment

used to be in the same boat 7 years ago at 5'7 and almost 300 lbs. Dropped 110 lbs in 11 months through strict dieting. Started exercising, eating better and at 38 I'm in better shape now than I've ever been. Joint pain went away, so did the snoring, sleep apnea and pre-diabetes. I'm down to my fighting weight of 168 lbs and have loads of energy. A lot of that crap is reversible you just gotta commit to it.
                      Last edited by JonBoy; 09-29-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I ain’t that old but I still feel pretty good. I can’t do what I did at 20 but I ain’t far from it. My work is tough, hot, lots of climbing and stairs so I stay in working shape.

Comment

I'm 68 and absolutely love my lazyboy. One bad knee, cronic back ache, 2 bad shoulders and #2 diabetes. Didn't have any of those when I was 20. Its a dang shame though. Id gladly stand in for a young kid going to war.
                          Last edited by Walker; 09-29-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Youth is wasted on the young

Comment

I’m 39 and still rolling pretty good. Probably carry most of those bags at once[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Black Ice; 09-29-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X