Digital Hunting Tags for Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Hunting Tags for Texas?

Here's a bill that passed and I have not seen a discussion here about - HB3081 that allows TPWD to develop a process for digital tags for hunting.

Well... it was interesting to me anyway.

we are in a digital/tech era. I mean if it works for them cool, but I will stick to my old school hunting license. will be interesting to see how they make this happen though.

Comment

I don’t think it’s possible there’s way to many areas in this state that digital devices are useless

Comment

Why even have tags ? The lack of tags have never stopped poachers. Poachers break the law, they don’t need tags. Tags, like locks, have always been for honest people.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
          I don’t think it’s possible there’s way to many areas in this state that digital devices are useless
          Currently, you can access the TPWD App to record a kill in your harvest log without cellular/data access. I don't know why a tag would be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Why even have tags ? The lack of tags have never stopped poachers. Poachers break the law, they don’t need tags. Tags, like locks, have always been for honest people.
            Well, i've seen multiple tickets written for people who fail to fill out their tags properly. It's like an extra income stream for the TPWD.

Comment

I use E-tag in New Mexico. Worked great for Mule Deer and Elk in areas with no service. The app populates a tag and number when you make the kill. Obviously in Texas there would be way more animals being tagged so they would have to make sure the app can handle it.

Comment

Several other states have this new e-tag app thing. I personally do not use them and go the traditional hard copy route of printed tags. If they go this route they better still allow printed hard copy licenses and tags. Much easier to deal with and make sure I don’t miss anything. Plus I keep and collect all my licenses and tags I’ve ever purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                  I use E-tag in New Mexico. Worked great for Mule Deer and Elk in areas with no service. The app populates a tag and number when you make the kill. Obviously in Texas there would be way more animals being tagged so they would have to make sure the app can handle it.
                  What goes with/on the animal?

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                    Well, i've seen multiple tickets written for people who fail to fill out their tags properly. It's like an extra income stream for the TPWD.
                    This was my thought. Doubt they want an app that makes sure you don't make a mistake. Seems like the way to go to me. Take a photo of the animal, attach to the e tag and it's all done.

Comment

Like El General, I've used the app, too. It is pretty neat and easy. I don't see why it can't be used to digitally tag a deer, BUT - how does the GW know that was the deer that was tagged and not a different deer?

Comment

E tags wouldn’t bother me, IMO most folks should be required to check a deer or antelope in to a station like most other states and providences , countries do

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          What goes with/on the animal?

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

I brought some tape and wrote the number it produced and attached it to the antlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                            I brought some tape and wrote the number it produced and attached it to the antlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            [emoji1303][emoji1303]

R. Sibbes

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                              E tags wouldn’t bother me, IMO most folks should be required to check a deer or antelope in to a station like most other states and providences , countries do
                              Yes, I am for mandatory harvest reporting. I'd like to know exactly how many deer are killed by hunters every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X