Termacell question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Termacell question

I can't find this question on the internet, so hoping someone here has experience with Thermacell and could help.

Once you open the packet for the blue pad, how long is it good for? If I have a 4 hour pad and only use it for 1 hour, can I shut the thermacell off and come back a week later and use the other 3 hours, or does it need to be used shortly after opening?

I had a 12 hour pad that I had opened and did not use for 12 hours. It'd been a while but turned it back on and still got ate up yesterday... Anyone else having the same experience?

Thanks in advance.

I use them until they turn white. Never noticed a difference in efficacy, no matter how long it sits unused.

Comment

My experience with them is put a little water on them and keep using them till they turn white

Comment

Originally posted by cblackall View Post
        I use them until they turn white. Never noticed a difference in efficacy, no matter how long it sits unused.
        Same here. Mine could sit in the back seat of my truck for 6 months and still works like it should.

Comment

I always used them until they no longer kept mosquitos away. 1 pad may be exposed for a month or so depending on my hunt schedule

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            I always used them until they no longer kept mosquitos away. 1 pad may be exposed for a month or so depending on my hunt schedule

[emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree with above; long as there is blue, you're good to go.

Comment

I never skimp on cheap things that can ruin a hunt. New pad each time. No sense in missing the opportunity of a lifetime because I was swatting or distracted. Buy them online in bulk. We use them on the back porch, too.
                You will spend $$$ on corn, stands, camo, equipment, etc... Don't let something that costs less than a buck cost you THE BUCK!
                My .012

Comment

Interesting. I may need to try the water trick. I was standing next to it, could see the smoke coming off it, and still got bit about 10 times around my ankles and arms.

Comment

Yeah use it until it turns white

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      Interesting. I may need to try the water trick. I was standing next to it, could see the smoke coming off it, and still got bit about 10 times around my ankles and arms.

In an enclosed area or out about with the wind? Never had luck if I’m in the open and the wind is blowing unless the thermacell is upwind blowing at me

Comment

I use one pad per hunting trip since my sits are usually 4hrs...If I use one for an hour, I will use it again if it's still blue. If I see it's not being effective I'll grab a new pad.

Just for clarification there's not a 12hr pad. Each pad has 4hrs of protection. So if there's 12hrs of protection on the box that means there are 3 pads equaling to 12hrs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                          In an enclosed area or out about with the wind? Never had luck if I’m in the open and the wind is blowing unless the thermacell is upwind blowing at me

It was open in my driveway last night. I don't recall how windy it was, but perhaps this was the reason.

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                          I use one pad per hunting trip since my sits are usually 4hrs...If I use one for an hour, I will use it again if it's still blue. If I see it's not being effective I'll grab a new pad.

Just for clarification there's not a 12hr pad. Each pad has 4hrs of protection. So if there's 12hrs of protection on the box that means there are 3 pads equaling to 12hrs.
                          I think they're new, but they do have a 12 hour pad. I bought them for our trip to Seaside in May. Check 'em out. They're about 3x the size and have aluminum on either side.

Max Life Refill Mats and Cartridges keep your Patio Shields, Lanterns, and Torches fueled for the long haul, no batteries or cords needed.

Package contains: 4 Max Life 12-Hour repellent mats and 4 fuel cartridges

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            Then put it at your feet. The scent will rise anyway taking care of the upper body.
                            If hunting or whatever, if I have a wind coming on my right side, then I place it on my right side.

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Ed View Post
                              I never skimp on cheap things that can ruin a hunt. New pad each time. No sense in missing the opportunity of a lifetime because I was swatting or distracted. Buy them online in bulk. We use them on the back porch, too.
                              You will spend $$$ on corn, stands, camo, equipment, etc... Don't let something that costs less than a buck cost you THE BUCK!
                              My .012
                              Where do you buy the pads in bulk on line if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Working...
                              X