Salvaged a vacation with striper on Texoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvaged a vacation with striper on Texoma

We went to Corpus for vacation this past week hoping the forecasted rain would pass. Well, we were not so lucky. Got a call from the guide who was going to take us out, and our trip was cancelled due to rain. After a quick phone call to a buddy who guides striper trips on Lake Texoma we made our way home 2 days early to take the boys fishing. I help Donnie, the guide, at his archery range and he paid me back by taking us out for free!!! He needed some fish for a cookout anyways, so we went fun fishing with a good friend and wore them out! My favorite picture of the day was my son who caught a 26.5" fish to end the day! The picture says it all!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good man !
    Always take the kids fishing, they will remember it for a life time.

Comment

Ok. I need said buddy/guide's name and number.

Comment

That's awesome. Looks like Donnie definitely got you on the fish.

On a side note, is the range still open for shooting?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice haul, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              That's awesome. Looks like Donnie definitely got you on the fish.

On a side note, is the range still open for shooting?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              Yessir, we still do the Thursday night shoots at 6:30... It is looking like this will be the last year for it though. The last couple of years have been too slow to justify staying open. Due to his health I have been doing most of the "work" out there and I have been out there by myself quite a few times this year. BUT for now, we will be there until we shut it down in late August

Comment

Ran into Donnie & Joyce at Pelicans landing yesterday. Said he caught a bunch that morning too!

Good times w the boys!

Comment

Very nice haul, bet that was some kinda fun!

Comment

Congratulations, glad that nice fishing trip worked out for you and your sons.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                      Ran into Donnie & Joyce at Pelicans landing yesterday. Said he caught a bunch that morning too!

Good times w the boys!
                      We were definitely in the fish thick! we returned almost 20 smaller fish. We tried to return the 26.5" fish my son caught, but it was too far gone after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X