Rolling blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling blackouts

Just had our power go off for about 45 minutes. Saw on Twitter Texas was starting to have rolling blackouts.

Anyone else have the power go out today?

What are we going to do once things really heat up?

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Just had our power go off for about 45 minutes. Saw on Twitter Texas was starting to have rolling blackouts.

Anyone else have the power go out today?

What are we going to do once things really heat up?
    Isn't it weird how we have only had any issues starting this year?

Comment

In the DFW area there is nonstop building of apartments and houses. All these people are going to need water and electricity so I hope the utility companies are planning ahead

Comment

Originally posted by CDF View Post
        In the DFW area there is nonstop building of apartments and houses. All these people are going to need water and electricity so I hope the utility companies are planning ahead

They’re not. They’re probably 10-15 years behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CDF View Post

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. We have built thousands of new homes and haven’t increased the power supply capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            Ding ding ding. We have a winner. We have built thousands of new homes and haven’t increased the power supply capabilities.

How much power do we have? How much power do we need?

One thing not a lot of folks think about. Right now, that electricity being used to power you monitor is being generated. It's not stored anywhere, not in a tank somewhere, it's literally coming out of the generator as you use it. Why we haven't figured out how to store it is beyond me. If a river was your sole source of water, and is prone to drying up, how long would it take to build a holding tank or dam so that you have a reserve of water at any given time?

Comment

Something to keep in mind over the last year and currently there are many people now working from home who were not in their house during the day previously. Like most of us when we leave during the day we usually turn on our thermostat up and have it scheduled to come down when we are home. Even if only 30% of households condition their home to a cooler temperature during the day that is a huge increase in usage, compared to "pre-covid". Add in the fact that every auto manufacturer is pushing electric vehicles that require High amperage Chargers and our power needs are inadequate

Comment

Wait until they start plugging in all those electric cars.......

Comment

windmills, windmills are the answer bunch of f****** idiots

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
                    Wait until they start plugging in all those electric cars.......
                    No kidding

Comment

We haven't had enough wind in Mills county the last 3 days or so to turn our electric wind mills.

Comment

I friend had a 1 hour black out in Katy yesterday. Around 2:30 I turn off all the stuff I can......

Comment

ERCOT said they had the biggest power demand of any May on record - and May was pretty mild temperature-wise. Hopefully when they get all the generators back online things will be better but I think we're gonna have lots of rolling blackouts in the coming months

Comment

This is ridiculous can't even make fun of California for their rolling blackouts anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              How much power do we have? How much power do we need?

One thing not a lot of folks think about. Right now, that electricity being used to power you monitor is being generated. It's not stored anywhere, not in a tank somewhere, it's literally coming out of the generator as you use it. Why we haven't figured out how to store it is beyond me. If a river was your sole source of water, and is prone to drying up, how long would it take to build a holding tank or dam so that you have a reserve of water at any given time?
                              there is no storage capacity in existence that can store any amount of power. It's not like building a **** or something. You can be assured that it is being worked on.

Comment

Working...
                              X