Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I trust a 2011 F350 with 211k miles????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I trust a 2011 F350 with 211k miles????

Still cant wrap my head around paying $25k for a 2011 F350 King Ranch 4x4 6.7L with 211k miles. Is that even feasible? My gut tells me I would encounter some kind of issue with the vehicle in a short while of owning it. Better to look at something with less miles or is there trust with these vehicles?

Looking for a F250/F350/2500HD/3500HD that can haul a 7k-10k travel trailer/fifth wheel in the future. All I have is a F150 right now and dont want to chance towing anything that heavy with it.

I know truck prices are high, but, I wouldnt pay 25k for a 10 year old truck with 200k miles. Just no.

Comment

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Comment

WOW! Heck no and wouldn't even consider it

With that big of a truck(assuming you will be hauling), its a recipe for disaster

Comment

Hows about a 2015 Silverado 3500 6.6L High Country 4x4 for $45k with 140k miles?

Comment

This is what I am hearing from my Ford dealer- used vehicles are at an all time high because the microchip shortage has made finding new vehicles difficult. I went and talked to the local dealer yesterday because I keep getting emails from them wanting to buy my 2019 F25o gasser and can get a 2021 with a 7.2 for less money per month. I told them I would be interested as long as I don't get under water on they one I am in now- he said right now the problem would be finding me a 2021 model.

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oeX1XXQNi-Q"]Run (meme song) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                This is what I am hearing from my Ford dealer- used vehicles are at an all time high because the microchip shortage has made finding new vehicles difficult. I went and talked to the local dealer yesterday because I keep getting emails from them wanting to buy my 2019 F25o gasser and can get a 2021 with a 7.2 for less money per month. I told them I would be interested as long as I don't get under water on they one I am in now- he said right now the problem would be finding me a 2021 model.
                LOL. The trick of saying your monthly payment would be less.

It gets most people! Look at the bottom dollar, trade in, taxes, and interest paid already.

Comment

You remember playing Hot potato as a kid?

Comment

I'm really thankful I bought a new F-350 last June. It was a base package but with replacement bumpers, rhinoliner, B&W Turnover Ball, Fueltank Toolbox, window tint, and weathertech liners I was out the door at $59k. I think they would give at least that now with 11k miles on it. Insane.

I'd wait it out a little longer.

If you are going to do that, I'd go find a pre-2007 (Dodge or GMC) truck and pay the stupid 10-15k they want for them.

I'm a Ford guy but I have owned one old Duramax that I would have driven anywhere across the country that had 280k miles on it when I traded it.

Comment

Also 2011-12 had some issues with overheating that they fixed in the next gen 6.7s.

They also have intercooler pipe failures (easy preventative fix but still need to do it), DEF heaters went out with regularity (they finally did a warranty recall on them it but you are probably out of the warranty time now, I think it was 10 years 100k).

Just a couple of the issues. Also the fuel system is going to start having issues.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                          this is accurate and my understanding is that the auto industry will produce as much as 20% fewer vehicles this year as a result. the market will stay tight.

Comment

Just the thought of putting up with death wobble again would have me running

Comment

I am hearing that by the last quarter, prices should be getting better.

Comment

Working...
                              X