Wing Archery Presentation ll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Archery Presentation ll

My SIL gave me this bow when her husband passed away a year and a half ago.
    I put it in the closet and really didn't think much of it. I was cleaning the closet last weekend and came across it again and got to looking at it and wondering if it is of any value? What do you guys think.
    It's a Wing Archery Presentation ll 70", 36# matching limbs SN H-2-397
    Any comments, as to finding out if it can be restrung and shot. How can I tell if the limbs are still good, etc.

Thanks
    Greg
    Attached Files

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

It's a classic target archery bow. A wonderful find.

Comment

I would think it would be fine to shoot. I have a friend that hunts with a Wing that is older than that.

Comment

That's a good lookin' bow.

Comment

around $200 - I have a bunch of them around here

Comment

brightened up you pics

Comment

BTW- that would make a GREAT 3-D target bow

Comment

Good info CaptJack !!!!

I see there are hunter limbs, are these limbs still available? It would be interesting trying to hunt with one of these. I would really like to find someone in my area (Kingwood,Humble, Porter) that has knowledge about these and try my skills (or lack thereof) at one of these. I think they are really neat.

Greg

Comment

Wing Archery was owned by Bob Lee - Bob Lee bows now, up in Jacksonville. Bob is still alive, in his 80s - shop is run by his son Rob.

Bob sold Wing in 1968 and it eventually closed in the early 80s. The P-IIs went out of production around 1970.

The only hunter P-II limbs around are used on the trad archery classified boards and sometimes on eBay.

The short black handle with the target limbs in the pics above is what the bow that Mike Palmer won the National Championship with - looked like in 1968.

I grew up a few blocks from Wing Archery, in Bellaire in the 60s. I was a kid on a bicycle riding up to Wing to watch Bob build bows - great days !!

Comment

Do not listen to these guys, those bows are very dangerous and can take out your entire family. For the safety of you and your family send the bow to me immediately and I will dispose of it!

Comment

Sooooooooo CaptJack, you obviously have a thing for Wing bows, so do I!!!! That Pro Slim Line hunter is a nice bow!! Wish I still had one.

Comment

Doc - growing up in archery in Houston and at Buffalo Field Archery Club - Bob Lee was GOD !!

Comment

I know that's right!!! You have some beautiful bows!! I'm jealous!!!

Comment

I have an old Wing Thunderbird; all black micarda (sp.). I was told it was made in '62 but I have no way to confirm or deny that.
                              I bowhunted with that bow for a year or two before I started shooting Sarrels' bows. Killed a few deer with it, but it's very heavy and not very quiet to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X