Should I? Willys Jeep project.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I? Willys Jeep project.........

Brother in law has a 1961 Willys Jeep CJ3B he bought that didn't run. It runs now, but will be a project vehicle. Always wanted a Jeep, just never got one. This one runs great, I drove it over 4th of July. Engine runs smooth, 4WD high and low work, rides way better than I expected. Leaks oil and tranny fluid, some electrical issues, but Great price if I decide for sure to get it.

Anyone have any experience/advice on this? Mainly looking to drive it around town and a few trips a year to 4WD areas/state parks- but will tow it to them.

Brother in law bought it from his boss and know previous owner. Has been garaged since 80's with no rust (minor surface rust excluded).

What say the GS? Yea or Nea?
    Attached Files

I wouldnt hesitate if the deal is good. You probably wont find another one that is in such good condition that you describe without paying a premium. I have always wanted a part of history just never have been able to afford one. That thing could be done up right and be a real head turner.

Comment

That thing is cool. Do it!

Remember, if it leaks oil that means it has oil

Comment

Yes

Comment

Do it!!!!

Comment

That is a no Brainer. Get it. You'll regret it if you don't

Comment

I would even if you dont have time for it right now.

Buy it, store it properly, work on it as you get time. They arent too easy to come by at good prices in reasonable condition these days.

If you decide to part ways, sell it and make a few bucks down the road.

Comment

For sure!

Comment

long as you dont want to travel over 40 much

Comment

Yes, we have a 48 that started and crapped out. I wish I had the ability to rebuild it.

That one is pretty cool and Id think that PTO winch on the back might be worth more than the average jeep

Comment

I had one at one time. It had 5.38 gears in it and it would climb a brick wall....welll almost. You could almost count the engine revolutions in low and according to the speedo, it'd do 50 with that little F head 4, but it was a ginnin.

Love that high hood.

Just remember, left side wheels have left hand lugs....if I REMEMBER correctly.

Comment

If you don't, I will!

Comment

We have a 42 Ford GPW and it’s a hoot. There isn’t a part that you can’t get for these things and if you’re hard up for cash at some point, besides a lifetime of regret, you can sell it in ten minutes.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Txtourist; 07-28-2021, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Love my 46 but mostly yard art.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeepresized.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	24657451

Comment

I am in the same boat! My parents are wanting to sell their CJ 7 jeep that's in a million parts right now. It was my grandpa's, and still has a bullet hole in the rear from someone shooting at them in the mountains of Colorado. I'm scared its going to cost too much for me to have someone put it together. Most everything is there, just need someone to put it together.

Comment

Working...
                              X