Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
    I think I meant 150 highway.
    You did. And I knew that. FYI - here is a pic of one south of 150 on my former home property a few years ago.
    Attached Files

Comment

Going back to MO this year in the Brookfield area...last week of bow...is that the best rut hunt?
      Last edited by Davik; 07-16-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Know anything about SW Missouri? My brother lives on the state line in Bella Vista about 40 miles SE of Joplin and 70 miles SW of Springfield. Literally 1/2 mile from Mcdonald county in Missouri? Would that area be known to have any quality bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
          Know anything about SW Missouri? My brother lives on the state line in Bella Vista about 40 miles SE of Joplin and 70 miles SW of Springfield. Literally 1/2 mile from Mcdonald county in Missouri? Would that area be known to have any quality bucks?
          There are some good deer in that country. I have seen some really nice deer come off a place a little north of Bella Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
            Oh, I get it. Northern Missouri is the cheapest and OTC Iowa hunt you will every have. People in Missouri know it and try to stay hush hush. I LOVE LOVE hunting north of the Missouri River.

Everyone thinks IOWA. And I don't care what you think about the Drury's, but they made their name in NE Missouri.
            Actually the Drury’s made their name killing turkeys around Bloomsdale Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
              Going back to MO this year in the Brookfield area...last week of bow...is that the best rut hunt?
              Last week of Archery is Mid January. Or do you mean the week before Rifle opens in Novemeber? Nov 8-12? That is PRIME TIME. I like Oct 30-Nov 14. And usually all kinds of craziness happens right around Nov 7.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                That area has rolling "mountains" and deep valleys. Similar to what I grew up in northern PA. Good deer numbers. Less ag fields and more "mountain" deer. Not all racks are smaller....but the ag fields further north definitely help bump the racks more generally.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                  Actually the Drury’s made their name killing turkeys around Bloomsdale Missouri.
                  Oh. Ok. I don't remember ever seeing them do a turkey hunt. But then again, I am not a big turkey guy. I stand corrected.

Comment

That would have been in the late 70’s to mid 80’s we are from the same hometown

Comment

Man, I am getting pumped....might restart my out of state hunting career again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
                        Last week of Archery is Mid January. Or do you mean the week before Rifle opens in Novemeber? Nov 8-12? That is PRIME TIME. I like Oct 30-Nov 14. And usually all kinds of craziness happens right around Nov 7.
                        Thanks...im going the week before rifle season opens.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Very cool.

What do you know about Frost Island Conservation Area? Heath Memorial Conservation Area?
                          Last edited by Beargrasstx; 07-21-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                            Thank you for the information. Very cool.

What do you know about Frost Island Conservation Area? Heath Memorial Conservation Area?
                            I know nothing about them other than they are in the extreme NE corner of Missouri. Which is a great place to hunt. Other than that, I am no help.

Comment

Jesse, you need to get the handle on Montana so I can shoot over and do some hunting with ya. Only a 12hr drive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                                Jesse, you need to get the handle on Montana so I can shoot over and do some hunting with ya. Only a 12hr drive for me.
                                It may take me a couple years to narrow down things. I hope I can figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X