Still waiting on deer mount. 16 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting on deer mount. 16 months.

After being battered about how ****ty my mounts from TN look, I bit the bullet last year and paid the stupid amount of money for a local taxi to do my son's first deer.

I called after 8 months and they couldn't tell me where it was in the process. I said you're joking? Nope, no clue if it was at the tannery or in transit. 9 months, 10, 11, 12, 13,....blah blah.

Finally last month I get a text message asking if I had pictures of the deer. I replied with 15 photos. The next day a phone call asking about mount and direction. I said, this info has been relayed at least 5 times and WRITTEN on my original order form.

Tell you what, from now on I'll drive the deer to Tennessee and pay 1/2 price for a 3 month timeline even if it doesn't meet Texas standards. Rant off.

Sounds like you just picked a bad Texas taxi. I have no problem with the 16 months if I’m getting a quality product but the taxi should be way more aware and organized with what is going on. Having to ask for pictures so you can find the deer in your shop is unacceptable.

Comment

That’s a long wait, sorry to hear you picked a bad taxidermy shop .
      Just for reference post up some Tennessee mounted deer

I am have seen some terrible mounts come from bad taxi service
      Coyotes and bobcats mainly
      Attached Files
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-14-2021, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Who’s the taxi?

Have any photos of your current mounts?

16 months doesn’t sound to crazy but the relaying position is annoying

Comment

That may be why I don’t show what few mounts I have. The “if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all” saying doesn’t count for much on public forums. Besides that, I don’t need other folks approval for what I do. You may want to do the same………or not.

Comment

I wouldn't mind 16 months for good work. It shows the taxi is busy. Verifying pose wouldn't bother me either. If I was a taxidermist I'd hate to have a customer change their mind but I'm sure that's never happened.

Ftr I got the goat pictured to the left back a few weeks ago and shot it in August of 2020

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I waited 18 months one time! Drove me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                That’s a long wait, sorry to hear you picked a bad taxidermy shop .
                Just for reference post up some Tennessee mounted deer

I am have seen some terrible mounts come from bad taxi service
                Coyotes and bobcats mainly
                Cool hyena mount!

Comment

Been a little over a yr for my pheasant but he's one of the best

Comment

Need some cheese?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Need some cheese?
                      Yes, gouda to go with my box juice.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        Yes, gouda to go with my box juice.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                        Gouda taxidermy work
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-14-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I can't find any thread that you posted getting bashed on your TN mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            That may be why I don’t show what few mounts I have. The “if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all” saying doesn’t count for much on public forums. Besides that, I don’t need other folks approval for what I do. You may want to do the same………or not.

This is why I do purely euros…. At my budget, my deer mounts would look like the worst bobcat mount you’ve ever seen.

I’d always told my wife I wouldn’t mount one until I got a public land P&Y, but the buck I shot 2 years ago just barely qualified, and I euro mounted him straight away…. Maybe if I get one in the mid 140’s or 150’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

16 months isn’t out of the question after covid hit. I have 2 deer with my taxi right now and it’s been about 16 months as well, if not longer. When covid hit, all his helpers quit because they were scared to get the virus, leaving him with god knows how many mounts to do alone, and material started taking longer to get, everything got backed up. I have a deer that scores 216” and another that’s 187” with him so trust me I’m anxious as well. I’ll give him as much time as he needs because I know the work he does, if your guy does good work also I’d give him some time and remember everything got backed up when covid hit.

Best of luck to you and I hope your mount is worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X