No announcement yet.

Where did you meet your SO..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet on ******* while I was trying to set up an account to spy on my kids. I ask how you posted pictures and she didn't her friend set hers up. We just started talking and that was 16 years ago, lived together 15 now. We'll get married as soon as I get to know her better. Don't rush me!

Comment

Philippines. My Dad was an expat in the oilfields there. I went to visit as I had never been off the N American continent. Met her through him, married there a year later. Been together 34 yrs. That woman keeps me in line.

Comment

Met mine a the mail n more in Tomball Texas in 2014

I was working shipping/receiving for an oilfield supply company straight out of college and she was the manager of the store.

I would be there every M-F at 4:30 to drop off all the boxes heading out to customers and we just kinda chatted with each other for a year or so.

Dated for 5 years, got married to her in October of last year.

I always like to say I married her cause I liked "dropping off my package with her"

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
          I thought I found her once but I was mistaken.

I'm glad it still works for so many. That's very good to see.
          I hear ya. I thought I found her once too (or more than once actually) but..

Comment

Met mine playing volleyball at Coconut Beach on Lake Ponchartrain in New Orleans summer of '03. I had just graduated HS and she was going into her senior year. Those tight little shorts got to me and 18 years later she still fits in them... Had some rough times over the years but our marriage has only gotten stronger.

Comment

I met my wife for the first time in a night club/bar. She was dating a guy I knew. The first time I saw her, she was very shy, quiet, had a backwoods out in the middle of nowhere accent, petite, small, and cute. She was something. Did not know why she was with my buddy. I tried to talk to her, buy could not understand a word she said, with her quiet little voice, the background noise and my bad hearing. Had a wild time that night. I was being loud and rowdy. Installing emergency flashers on some chicks large knockers. After I got done being rowdy for the night I left and went home. The next time I saw her, was at another buddy's house, she was friends with his wife. So I got to see her when I was sober. I had thoughts of what I would like to do to her, but kept my mouth shut and my hands to myself.

Then a few weeks later, my buddy and his cute little, backwoods cutie, broke up. Then my other buddy's wife tried to set me up with her, but I tried to avoid letting her set me up with one of her friends, or her mother or anyone. She tried to set me up with every single female she knew. Most of her friends were hot. I declined going out with with the little cutie, since. First because my buddy's wife was trying to set me up with her, and then she had just been dating a friend of mine. I turned down the idea of going out with her, at least twice, probably three times.

Then one night, I was out riding my bike and decided, to go stop by one of the popular local bars. As I got off the bike and was heading towards the front door, there was my buddy's ex-girlfriend coming from the other side of the bar, heading towards the front door. We met at the door, walked in together then hung out all night talking.

Then we officially went on a date, sometime not long after that night. We dated two years before we go married.

I swore I would never get married, managed to stay single for quite a while. I decided, she was with marrying. Not sure how long we have been married. I know the date that we walked into that bar together, 9/11. Then we got married on the 4th of July. We got married on the 4th, because that was the only day that we could find a place that was not booked. And then I realized, that, we would always, have our anniversary off, no matter where each of us worked.

The only problem with having our anniversary on the 4th, is quite a few of the nicer restaurants are closed on that day. We always find some place to go.
              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 07-12-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

A bar in Green Bay called "The Bar" the spring of 1980. Got married in December 1981. It will be our 40th anniversary in December.

Comment

Keg party in a field in western PA in 1981, Got married in 1986,

Comment

You looking for the first SO or the current SO?

Comment

St. Elizabeth Emergency room in Beaumont. I was the patient and she was the nurse. She was dumb enough to give me her number

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        Awesome! Yes Sir, my poor wife has been married to me for 75 yrs but she has strength! I thank God for her every Day- sometimes many times per day.
                        Dang, your old!

Comment

Swipe right! Met my wife on Bumble, one of the phone dating apps (insert joke about the dang millennials).

Tried to take her to my favorite restaurant for our first date. She text me about 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet that the restaurant was closed. Perfect, I'm off to a solid start by forgetting that they are closed every Tuesday.

We audibled to another restaurant and hit it off over the course of a few margaritas and ranch waters. That was the last first date I had. Dated for 3 years and been married for 2.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
                            Newspaper ad looking for love in 1997.
                            Wow, 7 pages and I'm the first to have met my wife through a newspaper ad !?
                            She was in a town an hour+ away, so we spent almost 2 months chatting on the phone in the evenings before we ever found out what the other looked like. Quite backwards, but it has found us married for 23 years.

Newspaper ad? You sure you didn’t mean 1987 and just fat fingered it? [emoji6][emoji51]I kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We meet at a bar. I dated her friend for a month or two. After she learned of my special skills she just had to marry me. So we been married 29 years and still counting!

Comment

Aggie Fish camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X