A frustrating thing about getting older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can truly emphasize with you John.
    I’m dealing with a water leak in my barn. Had to break cement, dig out the dirt and gravel by hand, the length of my arm. Took most of the day. Tried rebuilding the faucet but it still seeps so I’ll have to replace the whole thing. That was two days ago. I’m still hurting so bad that I haven’t changed out the faucet yet.
    Getting old ain’t for wimps.

Comment

Take a dramamine and then try. It helps.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My 30 minute fixes always turn into days now. It has gotten real easy to make a phone call now. Of course finding someone to call you back, let alone come out and fix the problem is a chore in itself these days. The sad part is.....it isnt going to get better with time!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I've always prided myself in being handy around the house. Maybe it is because I have been a desk-jockey work wise that I've felt the need to release my inner "blue-collar man" at home. (It also gives me an excuse to collect tools.) I've steadfastly refused to pay someone to make repairs that I can do - or figure out how to do - myself. Father Time has started tapping me on the shoulder lately to say "you're gonna have to call somebody". It started the last time I tried to get on the roof. The most recent episode was yesterday when I was going to replace the faucet fixture on a bathroom sink. Simple, right? I've done it many times. I found however that I no longer have the flexibility required to turn myself into the pretzel required to squeeze my upper body into a sink cabinet. Then while laying on my back looking up to remove the supply lines my positional vertigo kicked in, the world started spinning and I got stuck for a few minutes. When I finally extricated myself I had to go lie down to keep from throwing up. So now I am going to make some plumber's truck payment for about 30 minutes of work.
          This is me exactly. When I lay on my back the vertigo kicks in. Don’t forget there’s that 2” height difference in the cabinet and floor. That works wonders on my back that I broke several years ago. I wouldn’t call a plumber though. Might get it done cheaper through a handyman service. Just had to do that a month or so back.

Comment

Bought a new kitchen faucet about 6 months ago still haven't got the nerve to install it. I feel the pain just thinking about doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              This reminds me, I need to start another thread about goin blind
              What caused you to go blind [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get back on your bike and refuse to let the old man in !

Comment

I opened the shed door the other day to a windstorm that had blown up, and it yanked the knob out of my hand. So I reach out to catch it, so it doesn't whip around and smack the side of the shed in the exact same dent where it's hit 437 times. I caught it, and it whipped me out of the shed like a sling shot and apparrently pulled/strained/sprained EVERYTHING in that hand. I mean it hurts to fish!

And I'm not nearly as old as most of y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    And I'm not nearly as old as most of y'all!
                    I resemble that remark.

Comment

I’m not there yet, but I can feel it coming!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nope it’s not. The PT told me Wednesday that “Bruce,you are old now”. Suxx

Comment

Yep my problem is I dont remember all the pain, the torn shoulder rotator cuff, cramps in hands, and fingers until after the job. I hate not being able to do what needs to be done. I put in a new cold air intercooler tubing in my truck Saturday. After standing on a ladder leaning over to get the bottom hose on and clamped tight I could not stand up straight for two days.

Comment

When the lock downs started last year I started doing some home workouts, since I couldn't go to the gym. Had a grand idea to carry some concrete blocks around for grip / forearm exercises. A few months later I have developed flexor tendinosis on both middle fingers. Was hoping it might get better but from what I have read it doesn't look like it. Makes trying to do just about anything I have to use my hands for a Bi@tch. Getting older does suck and ain't for the faint of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              I’m not there yet, but I can feel it coming!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              I didn’t really feel it coming seems like. One day I could, the next day it was a lot more difficult. I’ve never been much of a handy man around the house, that ain’t my thing. The outside chores were always what I took care of, now it’s hard to even do them. Then, about a month agao I had a dang heart attack on top of the post covid crap I’m dealing with. I’m not even half the man I used to be and it hurts my feelings like nothing else ever could !

Comment

Right now I have a stack of railroad ties, a playset, and a basketball goal sitting at the house waiting for me to go on days off.

And to add to that the DEF sensor and hose just took a crap in my truck [emoji19]

My back and hands start to hurt everytime I so much as think about it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X