wolf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wolf?

While driving N/B 75 from Plano on Monday, right around Sherman I saw what looked like a wolf standing over a dead deer in the median. I checked and learned there use to be wolf in west Texas. I have been hunting for 55 years and seen wolves in the U.P. of Michigan . I am 90% sure this was a grey wolf standing in the median. Any thoughts on this or anyone else see wolves in this area.

Definitely a Coyote

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
      Definitely a Coyote
      Yep, or a coy of sorts.

Comment

i would think more in line with a Coyote.. for these parts.
        although I would not totally say impossible, as down in Poultry, there is a refuge and they have had several different type of animals get out over the years from Large cats and i believe there was a Wolf Hybrid one time.

Comment

Definitely NOT a coyote. This was a very large grey and white animal that looked like a wolf. Easily weighed over 100 pounds. Beautiful animal regardless.

I was just hoping others may have seen it. Wished I would have taken the time to pull over and take a photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
            Wished I would have taken the time to pull over and take a photo.

I wish you would have too.

Comment

German Shepard

Comment

Was there a black panther chasing it? Just messing with you, but if anything it had to be a Malamute if not just another dog that looked like one. Could have been a coyote that has been eating good and passing by at highway speeds just appeared larger than it really was.
                Last edited by DFA; 07-08-2021, 06:13 AM.

Comment

No wolf in Texas but definitely big foot country!

Comment

Sorry don't listen to anything Jon Stewart say's

Comment

No “wild” wolves in Grayson county!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        No wolf in Texas but definitely big foot country!

Actually there are some red wolf/coyote hybrids living on Galveston island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wolfs in Galveston.
                          Texas Parks and Wildlife magazine, the Outdoor Magazine of Texas: Red wolf/coyote hybrids cause a stir in the wildlife world.

Comment

I ain’t saying it was a wolf highly unlikely but there is a chance someone had a wolf cross dog that got away or was let go because it was too much to handle.

Comment

I believe it. The only reason why is after seeing a documentary on High Fence Tigers and their King getting locked up, anything can be real. He even wrote a song asking hunters to lay down their guns.

Comment

Working...
                              X