ATT or Verizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATT or Verizon

Sportsman's warehouse botched my Tactacam order, and now i have 2 ATT tactacams and 2 Verizon Tactacams in route. Property is in Anderson county. Which carrier should I keep/return? only keeping one carrier, not going the science experiment route

Unless you already know whether ATT or Verizon has a sufficient signal at your hunting grounds, I don't think there is anyway to know for sure without testing them on site. I would not rely on the carrier's coverage maps. The Verizon map shows great coverage at our place and I could not get a signal at all. BTW, if you decide to get rid of the AT&T models I will take one off your hands. I am on the waiting/notify me list at Sportsman's Warehouse and they are still showing out-of-stock

Comment

the att ones i got at scheels after sportsman told me they canceled my order bc of lack of stock, scheels shipped almost immediately. customer service at sportsman has been a mess

The Tactacam Reveal X Gen 2 Cellualr Trail Camera offers upgraded technology to deliver fast high-quality photos and videos directly to the app. SCHEELS

Comment

I would get out there with phones from each carrier and see which one gets the best signal.

Comment

Thanks for the link! I've been checking everywhere else but didn't think about Scheel's - just ordered one.

Comment

I would return the ATTs. We have property in AnCo and switched from ATT to Verizon because we couldn't get a signal with ATT.

Comment

I have Verizon and its honestly worth keeping, i have buddy's with ATT & others with Tmoble/Sprint and I end up being the only one with service every time regardless if were in city limits of not.

Comment

I'm the opposite. I have verizon and it sucks at/near our ranch. I lose service around Mason and get zero service at the ranch. Which is kind of ok with me except if I ever need to get out and I'm by myself. My dad has att and get's great service.

Comment

As is apparent from the comments above it really can vary over relatively short distances. As I mentioned, only AT&T has sufficient signal for a cell cam on our place but at my buddies ranch across the county road - maybe 1/2 mile as the crow flies - he gets a strong Verizon signal.

Comment

Our property is northwest of Grapeland, just on the Anderson/Houston county line. I switched my Verizon phone over to ATT for better service, and I have all ATT game cameras other than 1. In the bottoms nothing works. I use the Open Signal app to tell me where the nearest towers are and strength, so you might try that before sending any back.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                      I'm the opposite. I have verizon and it sucks at/near our ranch. I lose service around Mason and get zero service at the ranch. Which is kind of ok with me except if I ever need to get out and I'm by myself. My dad has att and get's great service.
                      Yeah, there is a big coverage gap in Verizon from west of Llano to west of Eden north up to Brownwood and south to a few miles north of Junction, but when we get out to Robert Lee Verizon works and AT&T doesn't.
                      Last edited by El General; 06-23-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        Yeah, there is a big coverage gap in Verizon from west of Llano to west of Eden north up to Brownwood and south to a few miles north of Junction, but when we get out to Robert Lee Verizon works and AT&T doesn't.
                        Strange how they work so differently.

Comment

Found this to be helpful

CellMapper is a crowd-sourced cellular tower and coverage mapping service.

Comment

Working...
                          X