• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
    Hell crazy people have rights also.
    They have more rights now than me or you! It’s crazy 😜

Comment

I have always carried when I though the situation warranted it. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

With that being said it’s uncomfortable and most aren’t going to carry because of that. Lugging a 2lbs of steel on you in the summer sucks. It’s a non issues.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
        Rather judged by 12 then carried by 6.
        That was something I learned in LTC class. If you shoot someone in public you will go to jail and your fate will rest in the hands of a jury. In most cases I'd rather take my *** whipping and go home and drink vodka on my couch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by glen View Post
          I just retired LE. Im all for it. People that are crazy could care less about a permit. Not everyone can carry- Only people that would qualify to get a “permit” now. I dont see any negatives
          Thank you for your statement!! As a former LE, I totally agree that the "crooks or idiots" are going to carry regardless. The same "backgrounds" that prohibit carry (felons and other factors, etc.,) is still in effect.

Comment

Before, with a few exceptions, you had CHL holders and law breakers. Exception noted for those engaged in or in route hunting and fishing. I am all for not criminalizing people just for carrying a weapon. I see problems down the road as they start seeking to judge which of us are competent to carry a weapon. Those laws are sure to follow on the heels of this bill.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
              Before, with a few exceptions, you had CHL holders and law breakers. Exception noted for those engaged in or in route hunting and fishing. I am all for not criminalizing people just for carrying a weapon. I see problems down the road as they start seeking to judge which of us are competent to carry a weapon. Those laws are sure to follow on the heels of this bill.
              I don’t think it will spur on other laws, I think we may see more people open carrying but that’s it. After the new wears off it won’t be any different than it is now. I’m all for it. As a former LEO, I can say that it’s rare to be in a position to prevent the bad guys from doing what they do. Seconds count and if someone needs to protect themselves or others. Well, it really is in their hands. The level of safety that we’ve grown accustomed to has degraded on a major scale. Situational awareness is the best weapon a person has to avoid a bad situation. When that fails, you have to have a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                I'm sure there are other threads about this, but how does everyone feel about this?

I know it's constitutional and everyone's right, but is it really "Everyone's" right? until they go Cray Cray because their girl friend cheated on them and start seeking revenge n public???

I don't know a lot of details, but the idea of ANYONE who wants, (crazy or not) be able to carry does not suit well with me,,,

not to mention as a Permit holder, we're always recognized as "good citizen" with no background issues, specially when the LEO realize that....
                I'm not trying to flame you brother, but the most troublesome thing about your post, is the fact that you DO NOT AGREE WITH THE CONSTITUTION.
                "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
                That mindset causes me much more concern, than any crazy person or persons running around with a gun ever would.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  I'm not trying to flame you brother, but the most troublesome thing about your post, is the fact that you DO NOT AGREE WITH THE CONSTITUTION.
                  "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
                  That mindset causes me much more concern, than any crazy person or persons running around with a gun ever would.
                  While normally I would agree with this, I believe I once read a post from ATI that stated he was from the Middle East. His back ground, beliefs and past experiences probably have an impact on the way he sees thing here. I do believe he truly cherishes being an American. He’s more than once made post in support of our country and beliefs, I just think maybe he’s misguided on what this new law means in a bigger picture.

Comment

It has already been stated but this is my belief

Is a person who is about to commit a murder and face up to life in prison or maybe even the death penalty, going to worry about a misdemeanor law of unlawfully carrying a weapon?

I really cannot grasp that logic. It is like a gun free zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                      While normally I would agree with this, I believe I once read a post from ATI that stated he was from the Middle East. His back ground, beliefs and past experiences probably have an impact on the way he sees thing here. I do believe he truly cherishes being an American. He’s more than once made post in support of our country and beliefs, I just think maybe he’s misguided on what this new law means in a bigger picture.
                      100%.
                      I've had several conversations with him on the phone.
                      He means well, and I honestly believe he's a good guy.
                      He understands oppression better than anyone on this site if I had to guess, unless there are others with similar backgrounds.
                      BUT, he lives in America now, which is ruled by the constitution.
                      ATI, this isn't directed at you in a malicious way, but a person should not move to American and then have a problem with the Constitution, period.
                      It's sorta like making the choice to move to the Middle East and then having a problem with Muslims.
                      If you don't agree with the Constitution, then get the **** out of America.
                      There is no excuse, end of story.
                      It's always worked this way, this way is what allowed us to become who we are, what we are, and what helped create the immense draw to America .
                      Last edited by MadHatter; 06-17-2021, 07:19 PM.

Comment

100%.
                        I've had several conversations with him on the phone.
                        He means well, and I honestly believe he's a good guy.
                        He understands oppression better than anyone on this site if I had to guess, unless there are others with similar backgrounds.
                        BUT, he lives in America now, which is ruled by the constitution.
                        ATI this isn't directed at you in a malicious way, but a person should not move to American and then have a problem with the Constitution, period.
                        It's sorta like making the choice to move to the Middle East and then having a problem with Muslims.
                        If you don't agree with the Constitution, then get the **** out of America.
                        There is no excuse, end of story.
                        It's always worked this way, this way is what allowed us to become who we are, what we are, and what helped create the immense draw to America .
                        That may be a bit subtle, but I think folks will get it if they read it twice

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          That may be a bit subtle, but I think folks will get it if they read it twice

Good to meet you the other day brother.
                          Glad you made it safe!
                          That 19x will be seen in public here shortly

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            LE will be no different. You guys taking position of poor LE. It is no different. Never took a gun off someone that could legally have one and took plenty off folks that it was illegal for them to have. All LE encounters have at least one gun on scene. This changes nothing as far as an Officers approach, stress, or mindset- If it does they need to get out now and stop eating a pecan diet

Couldn’t have said it any better. Every stop I made and every call I went on was made with the same mindset on every one of them. Danger can be anywhere. It’s how prepared you are that keeps you alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to meet you the other day brother.
                              Glad you made it safe!
                              That 19x will be seen in public here shortly
                              Yes sir, likewise! I've got your number saved for future endeavors. That 19X will look good in a gunfighter chest holster.....black kydex with coyote harness!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                                the only difference will be that those that are already carrying without the permit will be legal. I doubt many new people will start carrying.
                                yep

Comment

Working...
                                X