Abbot and suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
    Last time i checked there are no titanium mines in Texas. Likewise, aluminum or stainless steel.
    Recycled

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
      Last time i checked there are no titanium mines in Texas. Likewise, aluminum or stainless steel.
      Who has the burden of proof where something came from? The government or the individual charged?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Who has the burden of proof where something came from? The government or the individual charged?
        While I see where you're coming from there have been numerous guilty till proven innocent cases especially when you're dealing with the ATF.

Comment

You know if we would have tempted the liberals to get involved they would have attacked gun owners for loud noise and we would be forced to have suppressed guns. Instead we have to fight to get a device that makes things safer/healthier because we are conservative minded folks.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
            The problem I see is that a Federal Firearms License is just that............ Federal. What happens to a dealer that's selling "Made in Texas" suppressors when the ATF comes knocking on the door?

DJ
            Seems like a FFL need was just scratched out for making or selling suppressors…in-state. A person or company doesnt need to have an FFL to manufacture or sell triggers, or stocks, or sights, or muzzle brakes or AR uppers. All components of a firearm but no FFL needed. Am I wrong about any of the previous?
            Am I wrong in my thinking? Choose to be federally licensed…comply with federal licensing regulation. No federal license…no federal licensing regulations with which to comply.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-17-2021, 11:39 AM. Reason: ComplianceSpake

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
              Seems like a FFL need was just scratched out for making or selling suppressors…in-state. A person or company doesnt need to have an FFL to manufacture or sell triggers, or stocks, or sights, or muzzle brakes or AR uppers. All components of a firearm but no FFL needed. Am I wrong about any of the previous?
              Am I wrong in my thinking? Choose to be federally licensed…comply with federal licensing regulation. No federal license…no federal licensing regulations with which to comply.
              triggers, stocks, sights, muzzle brakes and AR uppers are not firearms. suppressors are firearms. A FFL is required to manufacture firearms that are sold.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                triggers, stocks, sights, muzzle brakes and AR uppers are not firearms. suppressors are firearms. A FFL is required to manufacture firearms that are sold.
                Thanks.
                Okay the ATF defines “firearm” or the 1934 Act?

Technically:
                A suppressor is a paper weight…without an actual firearm
                A trigger, stock, sights, muzzle brakes, AR uppers, barrels are paper weights without a firearm.

Essentially a suppressor is an extension of a barrel. Both paper weights without a firearm. So Texas is redefining suppressor to a logical order…but using other means to do so. The Swamp hates logic. Biden is gonna crap his diaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Thanks.
                  Okay the ATF defines “firearm” or the 1934 Act?

Technically:
                  A suppressor is a paper weight…without an actual firearm
                  A trigger, stock, sights, muzzle brakes, AR uppers, barrels are paper weights without a firearm.

Essentially a suppressor is an extension of a barrel. Both paper weights without a firearm. So Texas is redefining suppressor to a logical order…but using other means to do so. The Swamp hates logic. Biden is gonna crap his diaper.

It is a firearm at least under current federal statute.

Posted a few posts above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                    The problem I see is that a Federal Firearms License is just that............ Federal. What happens to a dealer that's selling "Made in Texas" suppressors when the ATF comes knocking on the door?

DJ
                    Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    They will spend a fortune in court. Probably go bankrupt. And probably go to prison. But I wish them luck.
                    And people who bought from them will be raided soon after.

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                    It's a milestone. Just like states legalizing marijuana, whether you agree with those states or not, they set precedent in states rights. The feds are not intervening as it was assumed they might. I've never been a big fan of suppressors, simply because I didn't/don't think they add much to my hobby, although I might would have one on a .22, IF they were legal, and cheaper. A suppressor isn't a firearm. it isn't an "arm" at all. The only claim the feds have to regulation is interstate commerce.
                    Huge world of difference. There's no PC push at all behind anything gun related, in fact it's just the opposite. A way higher % of people were pro-weed...plus the States wanted to make money, lots of money taxing it. Kickbacks made their way up the chain.

There's simply not a ton of money to be made with silencers = no kickbacks. That plus it's PC to be anti-gun and I'd bet the FEDs will not sit idly by.

Comment

I would love to have one or two. Maybe the prices will decrease some if more are bought by shooting enthusiasts

Comment

i just dont get it. If suppressors where like buying any outdoor equipment at academy it would be fine. No background or anything needed because when you try to buy the rifle you need the background check and without the rifle the suppressor is a metal tube you could buy from Lowes basically.

Still confusing and stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          It is a firearm at least under current federal statute.

Posted a few posts above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          ...and there in lies the rub if it has to be transferred on a 4473 under other firearm. You are not gonna have dealers lining up without clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                            i just dont get it. If suppressors where like buying any outdoor equipment at academy it would be fine. No background or anything needed because when you try to buy the rifle you need the background check and without the rifle the suppressor is a metal tube you could buy from Lowes basically.

Still confusing and stupid
                            It is stupid. And the ATF classifies it as a firearm, and it doesn't fit their own definition of firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              And people who bought from them will be raided soon after.

Huge world of difference. There's no PC push at all behind anything gun related, in fact it's just the opposite. A way higher % of people were pro-weed...plus the States wanted to make money, lots of money taxing it. Kickbacks made their way up the chain.

There's simply not a ton of money to be made with silencers = no kickbacks. That plus it's PC to be anti-gun and I'd bet the FEDs will not sit idly by.
                              I disagree with that. It's no longer "PC" to be anti-gun. Firearm sales have hit record highs for years now. That says a lot more to me than the handful of fake media organizations. Firearms and knife carrying freedoms have increased tremendously over the past twenty-odd years, right here in Texas. I can remember as late as the mid '90s there was no CHL in Texas, auto knives were illegal, double edge blades and blades over 5 1/2 inches as well. Today, you can just about carry anything you want, almost anywhere you want. And that's the way it ought to be. And the governors in most of the states that are pro 2A win re-election, with only a few exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                                It is stupid. And the ATF classifies it as a firearm, and it doesn't fit their own definition of firearm.
                                Or the penal codes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X