No announcement yet.

Any swimmers in the crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those times your niece swam are impressive! congratulations to her. I have a good idea on how hard she worked for those wins.

all 4 of my kids are all in swim. my oldest boy will be a senior next year, and has steadily improved every year since he started. I was never really interested in watching swimming, but after getting to know all the other kids on the team, it's really been exciting.

their high school regime is pretty intense. they're in the pool year around, with the exception of a 3 days off during Christmas, and 2 days off at thanksgiving. Right now in the summer, they're in the pool at 630 AM 5 days a week, with an "optional" practice on saturday. during the school year, they have roughly 10 practices a week, mixing in morning pool, and afternoon weightroom a few days a week.

for the girls, those tech suits really knock down the time, it's less from what I've seen with my boys though... just less material in the girls vs boys suits. The bad thing is those suits are really expensive, and they only last a few times before they're too stretched out to use! basically a big meet day tool only.

Comment

Wonderful. Congratulations on the gold and even more so for moving to the next level - and getting a great education in the process!

Comment

She had a little error with her breathing and took in some water in the first 50 of her 100 meter race. There's absolutely no room for a mistake in these short races. She ended up one spot out of making the finals as the first alternate. Now the good news. Her coach was informed that there's been a scratch and she'll be in the finals tonight.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

thats awesome! my 9yr old is swimming, and loving it now, we'll see where it goes. I was never a swimmer, so learning some about it. she is actually watching wave 1 races from this morning on replay now.

Comment

Wow that is very cool!

Comment

Very cool. Good luck to her!

Comment

Well it’s off to college now. She finished 24th out of 61 in the 50 meter qualifier this morning but only the top 16 move on. She’ll be back with much more experience in 3 years. She learned a lot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                    Well it’s off to college now. She finished 24th out of 61 in the 50 meter qualifier this morning but only the top 16 move on. She’ll be back with much more experience in 3 years. She learned a lot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Was fun pulling for her, best of luck to her at college.

Comment

Working...
                    X