No announcement yet.

2021 Bass Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up with 22 black bass, 16 Peacock, 16 hybrid, channel cat, black crappie, 2 gar.... for me

My wife 20 black bass, 12 Peacock, 14 hybrid, crappie, cichlid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
      i guess the TBH bass tournament idea washed away ..
      I scared everyone off.

Comment

I fished about 2 hrs sat morning and 2 1/2 sun morning at toledo and found a few fish. 7 sat and 9 Sunday. Lake was packed with the tournament going on.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always fished relatively clear water. I have always hated fishing muddy water mostly because I never have much luck. Our little lake by the house has been 2 feet above normal for the last couple weeks and has been extremely muddy as the creek feeding it has deposited lots of silt with the heavy rains we've had. How do y'all fishy muddy waters differently?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            I have always fished relatively clear water. I have always hated fishing muddy water mostly because I never have much luck. Our little lake by the house has been 2 feet above normal for the last couple weeks and has been extremely muddy as the creek feeding it has deposited lots of silt with the heavy rains we've had. How do y'all fishy muddy waters differently?
            I fish real shallow and slow down if it's really muddy water as in chocolate milk. I use larger baits such as flipping jigs or big
            Texas rigged worms/craws with dark colors (black-black and blue). If its just dingy then maybe try a single gold colorodo bladed spinnerbait with a dark skirt.
            I will fish the mud line where it meets the clearer water also as bass will use it as an ambush point.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
              I fish real shallow and slow down if it's really muddy water as in chocolate milk. I use larger baits such as flipping jigs or big
              Texas rigged worms/craws with dark colors (black-black and blue). If its just dingy then maybe try a single gold colorodo bladed spinnerbait with a dark skirt.
              I will fish the mud line where it meets the clearer water also as bass will use it as an ambush point.
              Thanks. It looks like chocolate milk right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                Caught a good one at Aquila Sunday. I didn’t want to keep out of the water any longer than I had getting hook out and couldn’t find the scale but thinking it was prob 7#+, my big self and meat hooks didn’t do it justice. Was my personal best that I have boated.
                I don't get it, I don't catch swat there as far as largemouth, I can find and catch them on just about any other lake around that one though

Comment

What type/size/brand bass boat would y'all recommend for a 2800 acre lake? I just got on a private lake lease and need something larger than a jon boat. 3 lakes total, 2800, 800 and 400 acres. I've had a number of different metal boats over the years but I'm looking for comfort, and good deck set-up.

I just returned from Ron Speed's Lake Pichachos in Mexico, and he runs 17-18' boats with 70 hp Yamahas, they seemed like the perfect set up. But I dont know anything about brands, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    What type/size/brand bass boat would y'all recommend for a 2800 acre lake? I just got on a private lake lease and need something larger than a jon boat. 3 lakes total, 2800, 800 and 400 acres. I've had a number of different metal boats over the years but I'm looking for comfort, and good deck set-up.

I just returned from Ron Speed's Lake Pichachos in Mexico, and he runs 17-18' boats with 70 hp Yamahas, they seemed like the perfect set up. But I dont know anything about brands, etc.
                    The biggest you can afford, Xpress, G3, SeaArk all make good tin boats. Stay away from Tracker. Some kinda in the middle are Crestliner, Lowe and Lund.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      The biggest you can afford, Xpress, G3, SeaArk all make good tin boats. Stay away from Tracker. Some kinda in the middle are Crestliner, Lowe and Lund.

Any recommendations on fiberglass boats? I have several Jon boats set up for duck hunting that are serviceable for fishing, but I’m definitely interested in going for an exclusive bass boat set up.

Comment

Lake Aquilla

Comment

Water is up

Comment

Another from aquilla

Comment

I want to get back out but everyday we try to plan it rains. I figured its prob pretty hard to get to a boat dock right now.

Comment

Amistad a few weeks back. Who would have guessed 5.5# would be big bass in a 3 day tournament.

Fish was skinny, big ol head on her

Comment

Working...
                                X