X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done it lots

Easiest the creek down by riviera
    Los Olmos
    Lots of big bulls to the east of 77..west is another story I wouldn't go that way anymore unless your balls drag in the sand

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
      The spoil islands on the east side of the land cut is where most kill Nilgai.
      Depending on where you are discussions, you may be on National Seashore.

Trespassing with a firearm while poaching on federal parks land…….hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
        I've done it lots

Los Olmos
        Lots of big bulls to the east of 77..west is another story I wouldn't go that way anymore unless your balls drag in the sand
        We used to hunt on both sides of Olmos all through high school. You could drive a four wheeler as far west as you could. Rule was as long as you stayed on the sand you were good, once hit the vegetation your trespassing. But the King and Kennedy raised heck about trespass by projectile and won. You could then hunt it with shotguns and buck shot only till eventually you just could not hunt it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
          I've done it lots

Los Olmos

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          We used to hunt on both sides of Olmos all through high school. You could drive a four wheeler as far west as you could. Rule was as long as you stayed on the sand you were good, once hit the vegetation your trespassing. But the King and Kennedy raised heck about trespass by projectile and won. You could then hunt it with shotguns and buck shot only till eventually you just could not hunt it anymore.

From what I’m seeing, the Olmos is entirely private land east of 77....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was very well known and hunted 30 years ago. I was personally checked down there numerous times by a game warden. They would warn you every time to stay off the vegetation. Even though the fence line was about 50 yards from the vegetation line on both sides. There was no On X maps back then. I think they really started cracking down on that area about 15 years ago. Lots of locals hunted there.

Comment

Used to duck hunt the mouth of olmos creek right up to a couple years ago. Lots of folks still do. But the spoils your referring to are way further south from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

The spoils created by dredging the ICW are not Federal park land.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleZooski View Post
                  So my cousin and I have stumbled upon some information on the web that there are salt flats and little islands in South Texas maybe around Port Mansfield or off the bay from the King Ranch where you can hunt Nilgai that have escaped a ranch and populated the areas. If anyone has any hints or tips, we have an elite onx membership so E-scouting isn't an issue. If you could shoot me a message with a little help that would be awesome! Please and thank you.
                  Use to hunt Los Olmos creek which divided the King and Kenedy. Make dam sure you are not on their property. They abide by the 3- S's. It is a very gray area, and wardens and Kineno's are on the lookout all the time. Stay in the tidal flats, and don't cross the mean tide line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                    The spoils created by dredging the ICW are not Federal park land.
                    You might wanna check who claims ownership. Some are even owned and regulated by the Nature Conservancy.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                      Use to hunt Los Olmos creek which divided the King and Kenedy. Make dam sure you are not on their property. They abide by the 3- S's. It is a very gray area, and wardens and Kineno's are on the lookout all the time. Stay in the tidal flats, and don't cross the mean tide line.
                      Los Olmos creek doesn’t divide the King and Kennedy.

Comment

Los Olmos creek doesn’t divide the King and Kennedy.
                        Whatever it divides, it use to be huntable property. It may only divide one division of the KR from the other. I was told otherwise. Don’t know the boundaries of the ranches.

Comment

Yeah. Definitely don’t get caught on the East side of the Land
                          Cut.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleZooski View Post
                            So my cousin and I have stumbled upon some information on the web that there are salt flats and little islands in South Texas maybe around Port Mansfield or off the bay from the King Ranch where you can hunt Nilgai that have escaped a ranch and populated the areas. If anyone has any hints or tips, we have an elite onx membership so E-scouting isn't an issue. If you could shoot me a message with a little help that would be awesome! Please and thank you.
                            As long as you are on the east side of the land cut, you are ok. But not the PINS. That's too far east. The west side of the land cut is either Kennedy or Norias / King ranch land and you will be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
                              As long as you are on the east side of the land cut, you are ok. But not the PINS. That's too far east. The west side of the land cut is either Kennedy or Norias / King ranch land and you will be in trouble.
                              The East side is PINS. Unless you are talking about the spoil between 9 mile and PINS.
                              Last edited by captainsling; 07-15-2021, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                                The East side is PINS. Unless you are talking about the spoil between 9 mile and PINS.
                                The spoils north of 9 mile are considered part of PINS management. Research regulations about the waters east of the ICW from the PINS property line south.

Comment

Working...
                                X