Stock inlet question defiance/bighorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock inlet question defiance/bighorn

Will a SA TL3 work in a stock that’s inleted for a Defiance Deviant Hunter SA?

I know they are both based on the 700 but didn’t know about port size and bolt handle.

The Defiance SA is based off of the Model 7, not 700. Their medium action is based off of the 700 SA but the TL3 short IS based off of the 700 SA footprint.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
      The Defiance SA is based off of the Model 7, not 700. Their medium action is based off of the 700 SA but the TL3 short IS based off of the 700 SA footprint.
      Ah ok.

So is a SA TL3 a direct fit in a SA 700 stock or does it need a more specific inlet for bolt handle, side bolt release or port size?

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
        Ah ok.

So is a SA TL3 a direct fit in a SA 700 stock or does it need a more specific inlet for bolt handle, side bolt release or port size?
        Yes, the footprint itself of the TL3 is based off of a 700 SA . However, the Deviant has a slight sweep to the bolt handle and I believe the TL3 is straight but a touch of mill work can open that up if you don’t mind looking at the larger bolt handle cutout. About all custom actions have a side bolt release so you should be fine there if it’s cut for that (easy fix on a mill if not). You can make them fit, just may have to do some mill work to get things lined out. Also, Bighorn offers different tang thicknesses so you may verify if it’s the small, med or thick for fitting/action screw length. You may need to open the ejection port up a little but that’s quick work as well.
        Last edited by kck; 03-21-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate the info

Comment

I was actually looking at 2 different stocks. One is inlet for a SA defiance deviant hunter and the other is inlet for a SA Rem 700.

I was wanting to use a TL3 action and didn’t know if either stock would work.

Sounds like the defiance inlet defiantly won’t work but the 700 might?

I haven’t bought either stock or an action yet

Comment

Just get a tenacity and don't worry about the bighorn. You aren't gonna change barrels. Just build another rifle if you want another caliber

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
                I was actually looking at 2 different stocks. One is inlet for a SA defiance deviant hunter and the other is inlet for a SA Rem 700.

I was wanting to use a TL3 action and didn’t know if either stock would work.

Sounds like the defiance inlet defiantly won’t work but the 700 might?

I haven’t bought either stock or an action yet
                Correct. The TL3 and the 700 SA inlet will drop in, other than the possible bolt handle and bolt release cuts. So will any of the Medium length Defiance’s.

Comment

TL3 will fit. But you’ll need to open the ejection port on the stock. And the bolt handle inlet slightly. Have had it done to 2 stocks.

That TL3 is a **** nice action.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                    Just get a tenacity and don't worry about the bighorn. You aren't gonna change barrels. Just build another rifle if you want another caliber
                    Dream crusher!

Just seeing what the options are

Comment

The rem 700 sock is also inlet for a Carbon Six Heavy Contour 16" length, W/ Remage barrel nut.
                      Would that look terrible if I used a proof sendero contour?

Comment

Working...
                      X