Structural Engineer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Structural Engineer Question

How do I go about getting a foundation for a manufactured home certified compliant with HUD/FHA and does anyone have connections around the brenham area? Google is failing me on this one

Thanks!

I hope you don't mind me piggybacking off this thread.

I am also looking for one to do an analysis on removing a load bearing wall and replacing with a recessed LVL beam. In Houston area as well, SW to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      I hope you don't mind me piggybacking off this thread.

I am also looking for one to do an analysis on removing a load bearing wall and replacing with a recessed LVL beam. In Houston area as well, SW to be exact.
      heck no I don't mind, piggy back away. i have never dealt with this and it's driving me crazy

Comment

I'm not sure about a manufactured home but when we started building inside the city limits we had to hire a Structural Engineer to design our foundation and they required a soil test done which wasn't cheap. I believe this is something required by the state now to keep bad contractors from building ****ty houses then skipping town.

Comment

Digging a little deeper it has to be a HUD/FHA inspector. This is an FHA loan req. Anyone in the inspection world help me with this one??

Comment

When my brother bought his manufactured home the dealer that he bought from had a drawing with all the specs on it for him to follow.You try asking a dealer.

Comment

call this guy Henry 281-935-6020.
              he certified some stuff for me

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                When my brother bought his manufactured home the dealer that he bought from had a drawing with all the specs on it for him to follow.You try asking a dealer.
                Good deal, I will give it a shot

Comment

Originally posted by k-k View Post
                  call this guy Henry 281-935-6020.
                  he certified some stuff for me
                  Will do!

Comment

Your dealer should give you the specs that you can give a contractor. It should be relatively simple. You shouldnt need an engineer for mobile home. Every time we've built pads for manufactured homes they just ground form concrete runners. Most of the time the mobile home dealer will give you turn key option also if you go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                      Your dealer should give you the specs that you can give a contractor. It should be relatively simple. You shouldnt need an engineer for mobile home. Every time we've built pads for manufactured homes they just ground form concrete runners. Most of the time the mobile home dealer will give you turn key option also if you go that route.
                      It's already existing and is a resale and the loan requires HUD/FHA certification on the foundation, So now I just need someone to do it for me at Lake Sommerville

Comment

I sold a mobile home a few years ago and the seller's loan required it (FHA).

They did the inspection through these guys. It didn't pass so then also had to have it "retrofitted" by them.

I think the inspection was ~350. Them actually doing the retrofitting (drilling/setting concrete pillars under the house) and fixing other issues (minor repairs to under pinning, etc.) was ~3k if I remember correctly. Not cheap, but they showed up when they said they would, answered my questions, and made quick work of it. They travel all over I think.

We provide mobile home inspections, foundation repair, and retrofits to help your manufactured home qualify for FHA, VA, or USDA loans.

Comment

Call Fayette Country Homes in Schulenburg they will have some information on FHA/HUD foundation design requirements.

Comment

Most MHs have to have a 2'x2'x2' concrete buried at each corner of the home then a piece of steel(rebar) in the concrete sticking up and welded to the MH frame. This is /was considered a "permanent foundation". Has to be engineered and signed off by engineer. At least that used to be the case. I haven't sold one in a while. Any MH dealer should be able to help you.
                            Last edited by C.W.Ashby; 03-16-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X