Stuffed Poblano Peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed Poblano Peppers

First time using Poblano peppers, but will not be the last. Enjoy!

looks great, what's the stuffing?

Comment

I'd try one..., or four of those. Looks good- Recipe?

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

[ATTACH]1054509[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
            I'd try one..., or four of those. Looks good- Recipe?
            I roasted the peppers on my cooktop and let them sweat for about 20 minutes. I removed the skin and cleaned all the seed from the inside and washed the inside thoroughly before stuffing. Almost no heat from the peppers, but great flavor.

The stuffing was simple. Brown 1 pound HB meat and add a pkg. of taco seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes or so and let cool. After cooking and letting cool I added chopped onions, 1 large Roma tomato chopped with out the seeds or pulp, sharp cheddar cheese and 4Tbls. of Salsa Verde or your favorite hot sauce.

Pour red chili sauce in bottom of dish and place chilis in dish. Add the filling and topped with jalapeno jack cheese. Place in a 375 degree over for 25-30 minutes. There you go.

Comment

Those look delicious!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Love some stuffed Poblanos!

We do stuffed Poblanos too, but kind of different.

Cook everything but the pepper first, we use beef or chicken fajita meat. Skin the pepper, cut the top off and save it as you’ll need it later.

After the meat is cooked, put some of the fajita in it along with cheese of choice (Jack cheese works very well). Add in whatever else you want, we use cooked bacon quite often and put the cap back on it, securing the top back onto the pepper with skewers. Toothpicks work as well.

Put it back in the grill as this roasts the pepper and melts the cheese, flip as necessary. Once you get it to your liking, pull and let rest for a couple of minutes, remove the toothpicks/skewers and toss the cap. We usually cut the pepper in half lengthwise from here and throw both halves on a tortilla while adding anything else you might want. Salsa, queso, beans, whatever.

Turns out amazing.
                Last edited by Twist; 07-03-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Those look delicious!! Thanks for sharing!
                  X2

Tasty for sure, and close up pics so good I can almost reach out and grab one!

Comment

tagged

Comment

tagged

Comment

I do the same thing but with red, yellow and orange bell peppers. I’ll doing it with poblanos next, those look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          I do the same thing but with red, yellow and orange bell peppers. I’ll doing it with poblanos next, those look great.
                          This was my first time using Poblano peppers for anything . They have an amazing flavor.

Comment

This looks awesome !
                            Will def try this.

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
                              [ATTACH]1054509[/ATTACH]
                              hahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X