Recommend me a family camping tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a family camping tent

Looking for a family camping tent that will comfortably sleep 6-8.

MUST HAVES:
    Waterproof
    Ease of set up

Nice to haves:
    Multiple rooms
    Internal lighting system

Bereg UP-5

Comment

Neighbor just bought this one. It is pretty dang nice. Sets up like a pop up blind, and has all kinds of features.

Comment

Comfortably sleep 6-8 will need a big wall tent unless you want to go the Coleman route. After having a few tents destroyed in the West Texas and Utah storms I now have a Kodiak 10x14 and it is wonderful, bombproof and easy to setup. I think 8 would be a tight squeeze.

Comment

Colman 8-10 , had two big rooms and I put mine up by my self ( 2-3 people would be optimal) skydome or sun lodge
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-24-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Coleman Prairie Breeze! We’ve gotten great mileage out of ours. It does have internal lighting, a partition for separate rooms, and it’s waterproof and and easy to set up. AND it’s goes back in the bag easily.

We camped at Pace Bend and Pedernales Falls over Memorial Day weekend when those storms came through. Rained hard and solid for nearly 6 hours one night. We stayed perfectly dry.

Comment

I can't recommend a tent. But i do have fond memories from my childhood tent camping with my parents, and sister.

Comment

Checkout Ozarka Trail instant cabins. I don't have one, but back when I was researching to buy one that one was at the top for a big tent.

Comment

Hilton or any other Hotel!

Comment

Coleman Weathermaster 10 person. Cut a flap in the back of the main room for a window AC unit for campgrounds with power. Plenty of room for people and gear...

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                      Coleman Weathermaster 10 person. Cut a flap in the back of the main room for a window AC unit for campgrounds with power. Plenty of room for people and gear...
                      That what I did with mine added a window unit, it’s a game changer for sure

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                        Neighbor just bought this one. It is pretty dang nice. Sets up like a pop up blind, and has all kinds of features.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mag...reen-bright-01
                        We just bought the same one. Haven’t got to use it yet. Our trip got rained out.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mag...reen-bright-01
                          That thing looks nice.

Comment

Look at the REI kingdom series.

Comment

The best family camping tent is an Airbnb with a pool.

Comment

Working...
                              X