Transmission Guy around San Antonio????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Guy around San Antonio????

Looking for a good tranny mechanic around S.A. Bought a square body 86 Suburban off here couple months ago and needs some work. Not looking for a shop as they usually are brutal on pricing. It's a 700r4. Hoping just the tv cable needs work.

United transmission. 3002 Pleasanton rd. He's been doing transmissions for like 40 years.

Comment

I used a guy named David Rodriguez out of Leming, TX (Hwy 281 between SA and Pleasanton). Rebuilt the 545RFE out of my Jeep Grand Cherokee that had 244k miles on it. He works out of his house, but does the rebuilds for one or two other transmission shops in the area. He came recommended to me by a fellow co-worker that had work done on a couple trucks. So far, I'm happy with the work and the price was reasonable, along with a 12k mile/12 month warranty.

(210) 371-9056

Comment

Thanks, I will have to trailer it to whoever works on it for sure.

Comment

I also had a recommendation for D&D Auto at 1919 Bandera Rd (210) 435-1151
          They did work on another co-worker's '82 square body (engine and trans).

I ended up not going with them, but it was only because the guy in Leming had more experience with newer transmissions.

Comment

Kosub's in China Grove is great.

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
              I also had a recommendation for D&D Auto at 1919 Bandera Rd (210) 435-1151
              They did work on another co-worker's '82 square body (engine and trans).

I ended up not going with them, but it was only because the guy in Leming had more experience with newer transmissions.
              Thanks, slim pickings in Kerrville/

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
                Kosub's in China Grove is great.
                Second kosub’s he’s a great guy running a great shop
                Last edited by coy-ote; 05-11-2021, 04:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Give Bill and Jerry’s radiator a call. FYI my buddy Adrian Hernandez bought the shop from Jerry a while back and is a do it all guy. He’ll be straight with you and either get it fixed or recommend a shop who will treat you right. Plus he’s a local guy to Kerrville.

His shop is at 1304 Water street.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Thanks y'all.

Comment

3x on kosubs

Comment

Gerald Kosub, give them a call, they will give you a price on the phone of the high and low end. Good people, I have sent friends there.

Comment

Another vote for Kosub. Great people to do business with.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                            Give Bill and Jerry’s radiator a call. FYI my buddy Adrian Hernandez bought the shop from Jerry a while back and is a do it all guy. He’ll be straight with you and either get it fixed or recommend a shop who will treat you right. Plus he’s a local guy to Kerrville.

His shop is at 1304 Water street.

Jason Slocum
                            Used them years ago for radiator work, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X