2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Yup.... elite gets thrown around these days like GOAT...
    Rice has a national championship. They are not an elite program. They were pretty **** good for a decade though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I mean if you’re comparing programs current statuses I would say one that’s gone to the College World Series I believe four out of the last six years, would be considered “Elite ”. How they performed this year alone with the extreme amount of injuries on the season is pretty “Elite”. I can appreciate the passive aggressive troll attempt though lol.

Can you imagine if a college football team went to the college football playoffs four out of the last six years but didn’t win the championship and they were told they weren’t “Elite”. I don’t think you’re appreciating how difficult it is to make it to Omaha 4 of last 6 years. Not regionals, not supers, Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Rice has a national championship. They are not an elite program. They were pretty **** good for a decade though.

Again, rice used to compete at an elite level. They don’t anymore.

Comment

Yep, 85 CWS wins would probably qualify a program as elite.

Not sure 5 wins would, though.

Heck, a Rice team that won their conference for **** near 20 years in a row - and won the National Championship - might be considered elite.

Win something, then you might be elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
            I mean if you’re comparing programs current statuses I would say one that’s gone to the College World Series I believe four out of the last six years, would be considered “Elite ”. How they performed this year alone with the extreme amount of injuries on the season is pretty “Elite”. I can appreciate the passive aggressive troll attempt though lol.

Can you imagine if a college football team went to the college football playoffs four out of the last six years but didn’t win the championship and they were told they weren’t “Elite”. I don’t think you’re appreciating how difficult it is to make it to Omaha 4 of last 6 years. Not regionals, not supers, Omaha.
            Speaking of words being thrown out there way too much...troll. lol.

Comment

2021 College Baseball

Current events:

Tech has a Good and Rising program. Lost to KU

Texas (a true blue blood) lost an odd one last night.

TCU (great program) dropped a roadie to Kstate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Chad C; 05-21-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Ags with a big win in the opener against LSU tonight. Saenz was brilliant, giving up a solo HR and single. Frizzell with the go ahead HR in bottom of 8th and Jozwiak finished the 9th without drama. Still need to win or maybe even sweep the series to make the SEC Tourney.
                awesome to see frizzell healthy. we watched him in HS and my boys loved him. first game they saw was his junior year when he hit a leadoff HR in a play in game in canton, he was their favorite player ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Current events:

A good and accurate assessment. Concerned about Tcu, they are trending the wrong direction.

Question on the “elite” question, if “skins on the wall” and currently winning is a requirement for elite status, who currently is elected? Arky? Vandy? CoC?

Navy seals are considered an elite fighting force and yet have never won a world war, or war at all for that matter. Point is, elite seems to have several definitions depending on context

Comment

I am still ticked about last nights game. I can't believe they overturned the play at the plate after being called safe.

Odd is a good way to describe it. Madden gives up 3 bombs..........come on?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      Current events:

I think yall are getting tied up on the word Elite. I viewed it as Elite level competition. It didnt say historically greatest program ever. It said Elite. Im sure you could ask any coach in the Big 12 or the Country and they would agree TTU plays at an Elite level of competition, as does TCU (no baseball natty either).

Lol yall dont forget to hit up Walmart this weekend for a new UT t-shirt!
                      Last edited by Fmjag64; 05-21-2021, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                        Lol "Lost to KU" You forgot "Took series from UT and TCU"

Hey window licker, desperate protector of the tortilla thrower........ He, a Texas grad, was giving the results from last night. Fire up that pay attention meter...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Hey window licker, desperate protector of the tortilla........ He, a Texas grad, was giving the results from last night. Fire up that pay attention meter...
                          Lol I'll take that. Got caught up in it lol. My apologies Chad C. All in good fun. Window licker made me laugh

Comment

Heck, if they could have stayed healthy. Tech would have been a dominate force until the bitter end this season. I'm impressed with their ability to hold strong through all the injuries and I'm a big fan of Tad.

Comment

Good day to close sales on a Friday morning and catch a 2pm 1st pitch!
                              Raiders up 13-2, bases juiced & 0 outs in the bot 7th!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2112D2D2-735B-4BD2-973E-BBCB43814CD4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	24652836

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                Good day to close sales on a Friday morning and catch a 2pm 1st pitch!

Raiders up 13-2, bases juiced & 0 outs in the bot 7th!!!

[ATTACH]1050462[/ATTACH]

That’s more like it, I hope the others follow suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X