Shooting into my ranch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting into my ranch!!!

So my puny little 200 acres backs up to a much larger ranch which offers everything from exotics to pheasant hunts. The ranch was bought just over a year ago, about the same time I bought ours, and I noticed while driving by back fence line two feeders and a blind pointed directly into my ranch. The blind is positioned up a hill and a protein feeder and corn feeder sit 10 yards off fenceline. I called the Game Warden seeking advice on how to deal with the situation and he simply tells me to call the manager because he was not breaking any law and that he didn't want to get involved, which is exactly what I expected from him I just needed reassurance. So I call the ranch manager and he is very bothered by my call and says "Ive been guiding my whole life and safety is #1 priority" . I told him to flip the blind and feeders as a solution, or set blind on fence line, which is a less desirable solution. I also explained that what he was doing was unethical and not safe, which was agreed to me by the GW. Apparently he dent care. Long story short he now avoids my calls which has led me to find the owner, a big shot lawyer who I am waiting to hear back from. I figured since they are his blinds and feeders, presumably, I should talk with him.
    So if I get no solution to this problem I guess the only thing to do is to erect an art installation to make sure no animal comes to said feeders. Maybe a couple hundred Biden flags attached to a wind driven apparatus would **** off some animals and hunters, but I would never pay for such flags. Any suggestions on past experience with similar situation would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Build a cardboard or plywood fence and keep it inspected for bullet holes
    I don’t think the laws changed about projectiles crossing the boundaries
    I see many pipelines with similar stuff
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-17-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Send the lawyer a copy of the section of the law pertaining to bullets crossing the property and that the current setup simply cannot avoid it. Do so in a professional manner and make sure you empathize - i.e. no problem with the hunting as you are an avid hunter, but you don't want to be shot on your own property and you're pretty certain, from a legal standpoint, the owner would prefer to not incur that liability, either. Make sure you spell it out crystal clear and send it certified. He'll know there's now a paper trail of an unsafe situation and if he continues, then you can step it up...

Comment

Set up a feeder exactly opposite his . . Put up a blind facing the feeder . .

Comment

10 yards off a border fenceline for a feeder is such chicken *****......tells you all you need to know about a person when you see the setup.

I don't know anything you could actually do about it that wouldn't end up under hunter harassment as far as deterring deer from coming to their feeders.

Regarding the actual bullets coming on to your property. Maybe stand up several sheets on plywood wired to the fence in line with their blind and feeder. If they shoot at something under the feeder the bullet is going through the plywood and obviously on to your property. There has to be something reckless about the bullets leaving their property and entering yours. Just something I thought of as I typed.

Comment

Build the wall :d

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              Build a cardboard or plywood fence and keep it inspected for bullet holes
              I don’t think the laws changed about projectiles crossing the boundaries
              I see many pipelines with similar stuff
              Great minds!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                Send the lawyer a copy of the section of the law pertaining to bullets crossing the property and that the current setup simply cannot avoid it. Do so in a professional manner and make sure you empathize - i.e. no problem with the hunting as you are an avid hunter, but you don't want to be shot on your own property and you're pretty certain, from a legal standpoint, the owner would prefer to not incur that liability, either. Make sure you spell it out crystal clear and send it certified. He'll know there's now a paper trail of an unsafe situation and if he continues, then you can step it up...

Can you please post that section here for us to read?

Comment

Set up an old bow blind directly in line with the blind to the feeder. It will make them think twice about shooting...

Comment

Take all your deer carcass and guts drop them next to there feeder on your side of the fence.

Comment

I’d set up a shooting bench and then line up a used paper target directly in line with his blind. So next time he sits and sees the target and lines it up with your bench, he will question his blind placement if he thinks you’re crazier than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                        Set up a feeder exactly opposite his . . Put up a blind facing the feeder . .
                        This is what i would do. also an alarm that goes off every 2 hours and makes weird noises.

Comment

Send this to the GW, and property owner.

Sec. 62.0121

Sec. 62.0121. DISCHARGE OF FIREARM ACROSS PROPERTY LINE. (a) In this section, "firearm" has the meaning assigned by Section 62.014(a).

(b) A person commits an offense if:

(1) the person, while hunting or engaging in recreational shooting, knowingly discharges a firearm; and

(2) the projectile from the firearm travels across a property line.

Comment

Be careful. Dumping carcass and some things could be hunter harassment. Had the same issue once and we laced a white deer stand with blowing white sheet windows on our side of the fence. The land owner called and after a discussion the lease hunter put his feeder on the other side of the blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                              So my puny little 200 acres backs up to a much larger ranch which offers everything from exotics to pheasant hunts. The ranch was bought just over a year ago, about the same time I bought ours, and I noticed while driving by back fence line two feeders and a blind pointed directly into my ranch. The blind is positioned up a hill and a protein feeder and corn feeder sit 10 yards off fenceline. I called the Game Warden seeking advice on how to deal with the situation and he simply tells me to call the manager because he was not breaking any law and that he didn't want to get involved, which is exactly what I expected from him I just needed reassurance. So I call the ranch manager and he is very bothered by my call and says "Ive been guiding my whole life and safety is #1 priority" . I told him to flip the blind and feeders as a solution, or set blind on fence line, which is a less desirable solution. I also explained that what he was doing was unethical and not safe, which was agreed to me by the GW. Apparently he dent care. Long story short he now avoids my calls which has led me to find the owner, a big shot lawyer who I am waiting to hear back from. I figured since they are his blinds and feeders, presumably, I should talk with him.
                              So if I get no solution to this problem I guess the only thing to do is to erect an art installation to make sure no animal comes to said feeders. Maybe a couple hundred Biden flags attached to a wind driven apparatus would **** off some animals and hunters, but I would never pay for such flags. Any suggestions on past experience with similar situation would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                              Your GW is wrong. There is such a thing as "Firearm safety" which he is commissioned to do as a GW. There is also something called "projectile trespass" which is his JOB to enforce.

Texas GWs, got to be the worst.

Comment

Working...
                              X