Deer stand windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer stand windows

I am in the process of building a deer stand and had planned on using deer view windows. However, when I called deer view they said that this time of year they don't have any windows in stock and everything is built to order with a 20 day lead time. So my question is do you fellas know of anywhere else that makes quality windows for this application?

Thanks

Me personally I would just order the Deerview and hunt out if the blind until they came in. Yeah it's a wait but they are nice and worth it.

I did however see another member post a link to someone similar as Deerview.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpolks-TR View Post
      I am in the process of building a deer stand and had planned on using deer view windows. However, when I called deer view they said that this time of year they don't have any windows in stock and everything is built to order with a 20 day lead time. So my question is do you fellas know of anywhere else that makes quality windows for this application?

Thanks
      Yes - If you are in Cleburne - look @ Buck Stop in Alvarado. They carry a window very similar to the deer view ones, made by another guy. Nathan is the guy @ Buck Stop.

I got the same run around w/ Deer View and gave up. At least you actually had someone answer the phone...

Comment

pm sent

Comment

I made some using wood frames here

Comment

Home Depot tinted plexiglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Betramhunter.... has good plans thats the way i should have done it. I went lil more difficult route. I bought tinted plexi from home depot and used this "s" cleat material to make frames and attached with hinges. Came out pretty nice

Click image for larger version

Name:	WINDOW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	24469002

Click image for larger version

Name:	WINDOW2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	24469003
              TRIED TO ROTATE THEM
              Last edited by 2BigMethod; 10-27-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys for everyone's input. Those Home Brew windows look pretty nice guys.

Comment

I made a frame out of 2x2. Used a router on inside edges. Cut me plexi to fit perfectly. Put hinges on top and weatherstripping on edges. Work great and are quiet.

Comment

McCoys in Brownwood has 24 & 36" deer blind windows. Very similar to deer view but no waiting. $49 for the 36". Not sure if other McCoys carry them

Comment

Ultramatic sells them also..I've used them twice

Comment

I've got some deer view windows that I'm not going to be using. The deer stand blew over.

Let me know and I'll get you the sizes.

Comment

Mobile home windows from Lowes. About $30 each.

Comment

Just use thick plexiglass, piano hinges and foam wino seals.

Comment

I have windows in stock. Especially this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                              X