No announcement yet.

Beer in Missoula MT ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Sky brewery is right there in Missoula ( out close to the airport). Have seen couple good shows out there. Saw Blackberry Smoke open for Gov't Mule out there, a while back, great show. The Wilma in town has some good bands come thru. For a bar, I guess "the rhino" downtown is a good one. Also some good trout fishing around Missoula. Just love that whole area of Montana - beautiful.
    Ed

Comment

Up in East Glacier I had a really good huckleberry beer.

I'll try and find the Mountain Man Scotch Ale here in Salmon.

I'll be asking soon if anyone's been to Garden City Utah. Will be there for 5 days.

Comment

Depending on how you come back down there’s several good breweries on your way south. I like Uintah Brewing and Red Rocks Brewing both in Salt Lake City. Red Rocks has great food as well, but Cutthroat from Uintah is probably my favorite beer from the two. Moab Brewing is pretty solid as well, and is very reasonably priced for good food and beer. The wife and I can walk out of there for $25 pretty easily with a pint of beer, a pint glass to keep, and a good lunch. Carver Brewing and Steamworks Brewing are both in Durango, and both are excellent. I had a few kegs of Carver beer at my wedding Riff Raff in Pagosa is solid as well with great food too. I typically turn south at Durango to ABQ, and head home on 40 though. Cutting across to Pagosa, then turning south to Chama is a prettier route though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fla. Fatboy View Post
          Big Sky brewery is right there in Missoula ( out close to the airport). Have seen couple good shows out there. Saw Blackberry Smoke open for Gov't Mule out there, a while back, great show. The Wilma in town has some good bands come thru. For a bar, I guess "the rhino" downtown is a good one. Also some good trout fishing around Missoula. Just love that whole area of Montana - beautiful.
          Ed
          You just brought back so many memories. Lived in Missoula for almost 4 years while my wife went to law school there about 20 years ago. Caught several Panic shows and saw Willie and Family at Big Sky.
          This time of year it gets dark so late, we'd eat dinner, she'd go study and I'd go to the UM golf course- 9 holes for $6 as a spouse of a student. Then we'd meet for a beer at the Rhino about 10. Such a fun time in life.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
            Moose Drool was mine back in the day.
            Love Moose Drool. Used to find it around here (Ft Worth), but no longer.

Comment

Working...
            X