Termacell question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cblackall View Post
    I use them until they turn white. Never noticed a difference in efficacy, no matter how long it sits unused.
    Same here

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      I think they're new, but they do have a 12 hour pad. I bought them for our trip to Seaside in May. Check 'em out. They're about 3x the size and have aluminum on either side.

Max Life Refill Mats and Cartridges keep your Patio Shields, Lanterns, and Torches fueled for the long haul, no batteries or cords needed.

Package contains: 4 Max Life 12-Hour repellent mats and 4 fuel cartridges
      Oh ok nice. I had no idea they made those. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

They work

Making your own refill pads is really easy, if you know the proper ingredients. Prepare yourself to be bug-free on the cheap!

Comment

I couldn't bookmark that fast enough. Thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

I always put a new one vertical, next to the old one vertical. Next hunt...push the old one out and install a new one along side the new one from last time. (if that makes sense) lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              I always put a new one vertical, next to the old one vertical. Next hunt...push the old one out and install a new one along side the new one from last time. (if that makes sense) lol

Ahhh another great idea I’m now stealing, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                Ahhh another great idea I’m now stealing, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Lol. Steal away.

Comment

Adding a couple of drops of water works as long as there is still a little blue color and the pad hasn't turned white.
                  Thermacell has saved many a hunt, and I have used it on a few fishing trips as well.
                  I won't go anywhere without it, and keep one in my truck, as well as one in my hunting bag.

Comment

I bought concentrated permethrin, diluted it, and use a pistol style spray gun to wet my clothes down. Let air dry, hang inside a dry cleaning bag until I use it. I spray my jeans, socks, shirts, and cap. Bugs stay away. I do have to do something with exposed skin, so I have this lotion from Southern Pine Soaps "The Gnat Stuff" which is an all natural repellent that works amazingly long, smells great, and keeps even gnats away. Probably not good to use for hunting, but perfect for everything else.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

Originally posted by cblackall View Post
                        I use them until they turn white. Never noticed a difference in efficacy, no matter how long it sits unused.
                        THIS^^^ Never seen a difference in new vs continued occasional use until fully white.

Comment

Working...
                        X