Knife identification- Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife identification- Help needed

I am not sure how old this knife is. It was passed down from my dad. He had it for as long as I can remember. I tried looking it up but nothing comes up on google.

It looks like it says Cooke & Kidal [emoji2369]

Just trying to figure out some history on it.

My boys and I collect knives, so I would love some history to pass down (if it has any).

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a WAY sharpened cotton sampler? Clearly stag handles. I'd guess English or early American, 1900 +- 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
      Looks like a WAY sharpened cotton sampler? Clearly stag handles. I'd guess English or early American, 1900 +- 25 years.

Awesome! I was thinking it was passed down from his dad.

Yeah, my pops was horrible at sharpening knifes.

He ruined a WWII bayonet and then I caught him trying to sharpen his great uncle’s Korean sword from the Korean War. Lol that sword is now in my safe

Thanks again!

Comment

You can rub the tang stamp with a pencil lead and eraser and clean it up a little to make the stamp more legible. Try a forum called, allaboutpocketknives. they have some very knowledgeable people there. Its also a good source of a lot of cool knife history.

Comment

Agree, All About Pocket Knives is the best place for this kind of question.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
            Agree, All About Pocket Knives is the best place for this kind of question.

Great! Thanks guys. I’ll check out the site. I have about 10 more I need to research.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              You can rub the tang stamp with a pencil lead and eraser and clean it up a little to make the stamp more legible. Try a forum called, allaboutpocketknives. they have some very knowledgeable people there. Its also a good source of a lot of cool knife history.
              Thanks.... like I need another forum to be in....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                Thanks.... like I need another forum to be in....
                LOL. Well.... they are specific to one topic, not like here were you can find a expert on just about anything.

Comment

Working...
                X