Machine shop central Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boy (14) is looking for a machine shop to help produce some aluminum molds for soft plastic fishing lures. Specifically one who can take an old lure and make a mold off it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

R&D Molders in Georgetown is a contract injection molder that has a mold shop. Usually for their contract customers though. Not sure if they just make molds for individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Do they still have that worm factory over there in round rock that used to make the old-school gator tails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Miket owns a machine shop.

Comment

Might be able to 3D print a plastic model then cast your own mold out of alum...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
            Do they still have that worm factory over there in round rock that used to make the old-school gator tails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nope. But I still have some of those worms…and that is THE mold we are wanting to make.

Comment

These guys might be able to make you one. Definitely would be cheaper than machine work

Shop Custom molds by BRX3D located in Sarasota, Florida. Smooth shipping! Has a history of shipping on time with tracking. Rave reviews! Average review rating is 4.8 or higher

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                Nope. But I still have some of those worms…and that is THE mold we are wanting to make.
                Sorry for outing your secret. I grew up off 1431 and CR 175.

Is Ace and Jensen still open? They might have a line on stuff like that.

Comment

Chance I bet Artech could do it. The machine aluminum for us and have the capabilities to do nearly anything. They're out in Weir

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                    Sorry for outing your secret. I grew up off 1431 and CR 175.
                    No worries. What years were you in this area? I bet we know a lot of the same people.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Miket owns a machine shop.
                      Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                      Chance I bet Artech could do it. The machine aluminum for us and have the capabilities to do nearly anything. They're out in Weir
                      I'll check into these for sure. And thanks for all the other suggestions!

Comment

You can call Diversified Machine and ask the owner, Allen if he would do it. He likes weird stuff. He helped me make an aluminum ILF long bow handle and didn't charge me much. They are just east of Bertram. # is 512 355-3270

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          You can call Diversified Machine and ask the owner, Allen if he would do it. He likes weird stuff. He helped me make an aluminum ILF long bow handle and didn't charge me much. They are just east of Bertram. # is 512 355-3270
                          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X