No announcement yet.

Firework Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 10-12 years ago we had 5-6 lined up with a crowd of about 30 friends/family watching. One of the tubes tipped over and pointed to the crowd during ignition. A buddies mom took a direct hit to the front of the throat, but the artillery round bounced off before it popped thankfully. Burned her pretty bad but she lived. We screwed them down every year after that.

Used to chunk them in the water after dark and watch them explode. Its a **** wonder none of us never got killed.

Comment

We use to have roman candle wars back in the day, the metal garbage can lid for a shield. we got lucky and no one ever got hurt. Good Times

Comment

Never been hit by one but when we were young we would hold the base and aim them. I’ll tell you what you don’t want to do is put three in the tube at once stacked. The third one blew up in the tube. Lucky none of us ever got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
          We use to have roman candle wars back in the day, the metal garbage can lid for a shield. we got lucky and no one ever got hurt. Good Times
          We didn't even think of using a shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
            Dang things come out of the tube with incredible force.
            We screw ours to plywood as well
            This.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
              Knew a guy in high school who had one blow up in his hand (it was common practice to throw them instead of using the tube) blew his hole hand clean off.

I threw more than a few lit mortar shells over a lake or the red river in my day… looking back, I’m lucky I didn’t lose a hand too. Those fuses would jump on you every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                Took one on the side of the leg about 5-6 years ago, it was upside down in the tube so the whole thing just exploded out. The concussion was noticeable!
                Never even once thought about calling the Government to come in and save us all.

Comment

Same here…lucky for sure. I’m stunned by some of the asinine things we did back then.
                  Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
                  We didn't even think of using a shield.
                  We didn’t need no stinking shields 😜

In all seriousness….the OP is just tragic.

Comment

Dude you guys have bad luck. I had one hit me a while back but I got away with only a burn on my shirt! I never anchor mine down…. Maybe I will start now

Comment

The boxes can and do tip over as well. My fence now has a huge hole in it from that exact thing on Sunday. Going to wire them down from now on to plywood like I do the tubes.

Comment

Some of those big ones at the county shows have tremendous energy. If the timing was perfect and the projectile was on you as far as your skin would stretch at the same time it went off I can see it killing you easy.

Comment

Man that brings back painful memories.
                          We would throw down, and tear each other up with those things.
                          They would leave a burn all the way across you, that would turn into a wicked looking blister about a foot long.
                          You would have several of those before it was over.
                          Been about 10yrs since the last time, haven't missed it a bit.

Comment

Firework Death

I don't advise throwing them. That long green fuse is held at the top of the shell by what looks like a string well, turns out that is also a fuse, the one that lights the charge that kicks it up and out of the tube. That will burn you pretty good if you are holding it while trying to burn the fuse down so you get an air burst when you throw it...

Waring, graphic pics coming...

A few minutes after

Day 2

Day 4

Day 7, apparently there is a lot if fat in the palm of your hand, who knew?!

Day 9

Last edited by JES; 07-07-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Oh he ll that looks bad!

Comment

Dadgum Jes, that looks like it hurt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X